DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing installs for the past couple of years in ALL of friend's Side by Sides, it is finally my turn to do my own install on my recently purchased RZR. The difference in this install is labor will not be a limiting factor:D

First off, the factory cage, seats and seatbelts where trashed and replaced with a custom cage br SDR Motorsports, seats by Jettrim, and Crow 5 point Y3" harnesses. There will be a linear actuated light bar contolled by the dual horn buttons on the Momo steering wheel.

(In these pics the cage, aluminum doors and aluminum roof are not done)

On to the good stuff. Product to be installed:

/////ALPINE

iDA-X001
PDX-2.150
PDX-1.1000
(2)SPX-17REF
(2)SWS-1023D
TME-M750A

Other product to be installed as of right now, Optima yellow top, Lowrance Global Map 3500c GPS, four 4" HIDS, and a long travel kit.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice! I can't wait to see how well yours comes out after your friends ended up really nice.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice looking machine and good list of gear too.

very nice so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the progress.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

I changed up the mounting of the actuator by clocking it 45 degrees and raising the pivot point of the lever. I'm going to add a headliner in addition to the aluminum roof and a Chevy Blazer overhead console. By doing this the actuator will be completely hidden.

·
Registered
525 Posts
wow.... being one of the foreing guys here (Aussie) I didn't even know people did work on these sorts of vehicles.

(...mind you this is coming from a person who helped put a system in a forklift!)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There will be a reverse image camera hooked up to the monitor on aux 1 for my view view mirror. An iPod will be on aux 2 for photos or videos. Audio input will be through the Ai port on X-001.

·
Registered
522 Posts
lovin' the creativity. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Too Cool! but what is the actuator for, I see its attacked to something that will come down over the front windshield area but for the life of me can't figure out what the point is

Glad to see that you aren't going overboard and spending too much money on a toy that will spend 99% of its life parked in the garage, I can't stand people doing crazy stupid stuff just cause...lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Too Cool! but what is the actuator for, I see its attacked to something that will come down over the front windshield area but for the life of me can't figure out what the point is

Glad to see that you aren't going overboard and spending too much money on a toy that will spend 99% of its life parked in the garage, I can't stand people doing crazy stupid stuff just cause...lol
The actuator is to control my lightbar with four 4" HID's. For "on the fly" adjustment. It will be done by switching polarity with 2 relays. It will be controlled by separate ground signals from the 2 horns buttons on the Momo wheel.

This baby will be used at Glamis Sand dunes every other weekend starting Halloween and ending around Easter. Then it's off to Parker AZ river house for night rides in the desert right from my bud's house all summer long. And it's street legal registered in AZ:D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts