DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I'm not positive what the product is that Toby uses to seal cut sheet metal, but it's a rubbery epoxy sealer type product. I'll be sure to post those details when that time comes. This isn't the first time they've done this and I've seen the product before, but don't know exactly what it is off hand.

The Clarus subwoofer cones use a polypropylene diaphragm, which provides water resistance in the event they used in all-weather climates such as this. With them being inverted, the basket and motor/magnet side will be inside the cabin, so no chance of road debris/water getting into the mechanical side. In the first picture of this thread you can also see a plastic U-shaped guard which conveniently protects this area from splashes to begin with - I doubt they'll ever see much water/debris unless the underside is being directly sprayed while being washed. I had the vehicle ceramic coated recently and have been hand washing it with a rinse-less wash product and don't intend to be taking it through automatic car washes.

Not audio related, but which ceramic coating did you have applied? It looks fantastic. Had my 4Runner coated and it made cleaning a breeze!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I had a chance to listen to Ben's Durango last weekend at the SQOLOGY event in St. Louis. WIDE, WIDE, and WIDER are the three words that best describe the soundstage. I was incredibly impressed with the overall tonality, especially with the L2se's covering so much bandwidth.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I had a chance to listen to Ben's Durango last weekend at the SQOLOGY event in St. Louis. WIDE, WIDE, and WIDER are the three words that best describe the soundstage. I was incredibly impressed with the overall tonality, especially with the L2se's covering so much bandwidth.

Thanks Matt! It was nice seeing you again. Hopefully we can get together one of these years when you settle on a new system. :)

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
love this thread and miss my Durango, I had to sell it. It was the same color and spec as this one, w/ the red interior. BTW Benny, The Goliath SRT (and replica version) wheels look pretty great on these bodies, check 'em out maybe.

We keep talking about protection of the cones and surround, my initial thought was to use a spray coating of Neverwet (or Everdry), and maybe hit them once a year or so. I'd even consider doing that to the interior cones.

Benny, no center channel? The Durango sounds pretty doggone good with one.

Also, if you are feeling it, the dash on these is now available in the SRT form (and upgrade on R/T) with a "Live Stitch Dash", and you can buy this dash as a part to install on any Durango. It ain't cheap (because its a whole damn dash), but it is stitched leather!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I’m doing it now

I’ve been thinking about it lookin at it

It’s on!

Although the sundown will get soaked

Maybe a mesh grill and some flex seal on the cone.

I’m still doing it ..... I don’t care if I have to replace the sub in four months
You guys are a bad influence on me. I wonder how well a pair of Punch marine subs would do...

We put these in boats IB and they do sound great, but the hulls have a lot to do with that I think.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
You guys are a bad influence on me. I wonder how well a pair of Punch marine subs would do...

We put these in boats IB and they do sound great, but the hulls have a lot to do with that I think.

Not a bad idea, I’m just doing a can of flex seal and see what happens on my sundown. You know that sub ain’t coming out looking pretty either way

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
How many watts are you feeding those 12's, Ben? I am looking at that same amp/DSP for my Jeep.

Cheers.

They’re 2ohm DVC subs each, and the amp does 120w @ 2 ohms...each coil has an amp channel, so roughly 240w to each sub total on tap.

Cheers!

101 - 120 of 147 Posts