DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I spent the past 3 days tearing my truck apart and installing the following:

HU- Alpine Ina-w910

JBL MS-8 ...more on this processor. (I have comments and questions!)

Fronts: Alpine SPX-17 Pros (I made an enclosure in door)

Rears: Alpine SPX-17 Pros (I made an enclosure in door)

Center: Alpine SWR-823 8" sub (I had an enclosure made)

Subs: 2 JL Audio 13.5TW-5 shallow subs (I had an enclosure made)

Mono Amp: Massive N4

5 Channel Amp: Massive NX5 120w x 4 and 800 x 1

I used Raamatt on the back wall and the entire floor board. The new rammaat is easy to use and the peel and stick works awesome! I highly recommend!~

Here are some photos! More photos to come! I need to buy a longer RCA for the mono amp!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is how I installed my JBL MS-8 (I believe...I will have to double check). I am not 100% sure I did it correctly...let me know how I did!

Channel 1 I selected 1 way Front Left (even though I have comps)
Channel 2 I selected 1 way Front Right
Channel 3 I selected center for my 8 inch sub
Channel 4 I selected 1 way Rear Left
Channel 5 I selected 1 way Rear right
Channel 7 I selected for subs

I need to get back in my truck soon and write down all the crossover points I chose. I mostly went with default values. I had to select 1 way for the comps even though they have separates. Otherwise, I would not have enough channels for all my speakers. I am using the Alpine passive crossovers as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
In the manual it clearly states that if you're using passive crossovers between your mids and tweeters that's a 1-way. The number refers to the number of MS-8 channels that will be devoted to that speaker.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
If you connect the factory amplifier's subwoofer output to MS-8, it must be connected to channel 7 or 8. the un-EQ algorithm MUST "see" a high frequency channel before a low frequency channel in order to work properly. ON the outputs, the channel selection doesn't matter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only spent 30 minutes to set it up...but truthfully I need to spend many hours fine tuning the system. I did not sit in every seat and turn my head etc etc. I ran out of time. I work m-f so I will mess with my system some more this weekend. I will update this thread.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
why not run your front stage active? you have 8 channels, use them all!

1- front left tweet (ms-8 power)
2- front right tweet (ms-8 power)
3 - front left mid
4 - front right mid
5 - center
6 - rear left passives
7 - rear right passives
8 - sub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts