DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been using Audfree to capture Tidal music. In limited listening tests I actually think a fully converted WAV file from a master quality recording sounds better than CD ripped to WAV using EAC.
Anyway, its been wonderful to be able to get these high quality recordings without having to connect my phone. I don't have a camera kit and don't really want to hassle with my phone when jumping in and out of my vehicles so I keep everything on USB sticks. If I really wanted to stream I'd be inclined to use Pandora as its built into my Truck OEM head unit but the SQ is too poor for me to consider it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
We did a direct comparison of Tidal vs Spotify premium vs Amazon music. Tidal was noticeably clearer than spotify premium. Amazon prime music was ALSO noticeably clearer than Spottily. I could NOT tell any difference between Tidal and Amazon Prime music. aaaaaaand because I already get Amazon prime music with my prime subscription, it was a no brainer.

This test was conducted on my home 2 channel listening system consisting of a Marantz SR685 receiver, and the Swans diy 3 way bookshelf speakers (which are AMAZING BTW)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts