DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and am just getting back into the hobby - sorry if this is a waste-of-time question.

I have a Nakamichi PA-2004 that I bought 6+ years ago, back when you could still find them retail. The PA 2004 is mounted in the trunk of a 1970 Firebird. I have it connected to a Nakamichi CD-400 mounted in the dash. I have been working on the car for the last 8 years, I drove it in high school. I wired it all 2 years ago but never tried to power it up until today.

Obviously I hoped for trouble free, enjoyable sound but all I'm getting are low frequencies out of all channels. It doesn't seem to respond to the controls on the CD-400; there's little or no difference in left or right channels (at least none that I can hear) so it certainly could be a wiring issue but I normally double and triple check my wiring (but it was 2 years ago). I have full range speakers in the rear and tweeter/mid with crossovers in the front.

If I had to guess I'd say that it's in low pass mono mode. The manual seems to indicate that there's a control panel on the amp but the manual is lacking detail and I can't see one. My guess is that it's under the silver cover and that I can open it by removing the two screws on top and on the side. The unit's not easy to get to in my trunk but I'm hoping that I can leave it mounted and that the cover will slide off easily with the screws out.

From scanning the forum it looks as if a number of you have this amp and like it. Is there a control panel under the silver cover and could it be set to mono low pass?

Appreciate any help and ideas!

Hans

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was it!

All switches (ch 1+2 and Ch 3+4) were set mono low pass. I never expected this to be the default setting. The manual was not clear that the control panel was under the silver cover either (nowhere did it say "to access the control panel..."). Seems obvious now but...

Glad I discovered your forum however!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts