DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at a few mids to pair with the SB acoustics SB29 tweeters. I'll be running mids from about 80 to 2200hz.

I have 100w rms per mid and I am using an Alpine h701 dsp.

My doors are pretty well sealed stock and I don't think I can fit door pods without messing up the door cover.

So I'm trying to get a pair of mids between $150 to $300 for the pair. Looking at the following unless someone can recommend something better in that budget.

1. Satori MW16p-4 6"
2. Stevens Audio SA6
3. Recommendations?

I know these type of questions get asked a lot and I've been reading through threads for days which is why I've sort of narrowed down to these two mids.

Im replacing a set of silver flute 6.5" mids which I did think sounded pretty good but I like to change things around sometimes to improve the sound.

Thanks
Z

·
Registered
565 Posts
Im thinking you should seal those doors better. That would be the first recommondation.
As far as midbass is concerned, look into the Audiofrog GB 60. They have so many favorable writeups, id try them myself if I needed a midwoofer driver.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GB60 are also like $800 new from a couple calls I just made.

I'll definitely work on sealing the doors a bit better.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If your patient u can find them here used in good to mint condition. In my short stay here ive seen a couple of pair come n go.

·
Registered
466 Posts
So I've been looking at a few mids to pair with the SB acoustics SB29 tweeters. I'll be running mids from about 80 to 2200hz.

I have 100w rms per mid and I am using an Alpine h701 dsp.

My doors are pretty well sealed stock and I don't think I can fit door pods without messing up the door cover.

So I'm trying to get a pair of mids between $150 to $300 for the pair. Looking at the following unless someone can recommend something better in that budget.

1. Satori MW16p-4 6"
2. Stevens Audio SA6
3. Recommendations?

I know these type of questions get asked a lot and I've been reading through threads for days which is why I've sort of narrowed down to these two mids.

Im replacing a set of silver flute 6.5" mids which I did think sounded pretty good but I like to change things around sometimes to improve the sound.

Thanks
Z
You wouldn't go wrong with either the Satori or Stevens. Both are nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts