DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Ah, turned it around and put it back on Kelly..... so yours gonna be ready Kelly?
Yes he did. Mine will be playing but it's stock....for now. Anxious to hear yours, Erin's and everyone else's. I'm really curious to see the progress on a particular Ford PU that will be there.

·
Administrator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Jason, what time do you plan to start this shindig up?
I've never set a time, I'm there, so when the first person shows up... it starts and when the last one leaves... it's over.

Not particular times for anything, we eat when we get hungry, and that's really the only time sensitive thing the whole day.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
This might be the last time the Grand Cherokee makes a showing. Y'all remember it getting violated about this time last year by a blockhead that thought his 2014 Camry was a '69 Charger with a Confederate flag on it. Well the Jeep hasn't been the same since. I don't know what it is but it's as if the soul was knocked out of it. And I think it's cursed anyway. And I don't trust the patch job where the hitch bolts in. I'm sure it's fine but I don't know anything about the welder that did it at the body shop. Only one person I would have trusted because I know his work ethic when he's welding boats together...works for Xpress boats now. So y'all take a good long listen since this won't be a mega meet like the Bertholomy shindig. Erin I'll need to talk to you about the VXI amps too since I won't have nearly as much usable room for audio.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
It sucks that you've lost confidence in the Jeep... but it took a pretty good hit from that f^kwad! What would be your replacement vehicle?
I'm going all business this next round. Either an extended cab Colorado W/T v6 or extended cab or single cab F-150 XL with 2.7 Ecobust. Probably the Colorado since it has carpet in it and I'm buying new this time. The F-150 does look like it would be a beast though and the one I want is plentiful unlike the extended cab v6 Colorado. I'm thinking a single cab F-150 would be awesome for hiding audio gear behind the seats with room left over and has x9 door openings and tweets in dash corners which I've had really good luck with in the past. Hopefully the GB10's will fit in there. Looks like enough room to downfire the G12 behind the passenger seat. Then a big toolbox in the back for random stuff. Guess I miss having a simple truck with not much to go wrong on it when it comes to doohickeys and thingamajigs. This might be my new baby if it's still there when I get back from Nashville. Some of my best memories as a teenager came from driving a blue single cab short bed F-150 XL and maybe it's nostalgia kicking in. Either way it's EXACTLY what I need for my lifestyle out here.
https://www.smithford.net/new/Ford/2018-Ford-F-150-2891f1c40a0e0ae844812eb1c9f45abb.htm?searchDepth=3:16

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
ONE WEEK!

And does anyone here have some 2.5-3" midranges they'd be willing to let go dirt cheap? They don't have to be great but I'd like to give kick mounted midranges a try in the new truck since there's no e-brake pedal in the way. Don't want to put much money into trying until I know if those locations will behave. I do remember my old H-Audio x2's behaving well down in kicks of the Ram with washcloths and duct tape around them. E-brake was the deal breaker though. I refuse to put pods above the dash. Makes it too obvious there's car audio in there to steal.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
ONE WEEK!

And does anyone here have some 2.5-3" midranges they'd be willing to let go dirt cheap? They don't have to be great but I'd like to give kick mounted midranges a try in the new truck since there's no e-brake pedal in the way. Don't want to put much money into trying until I know if those locations will behave. I do remember my old H-Audio x2's behaving well down in kicks of the Ram with washcloths and duct tape around them. E-brake was the deal breaker though. I refuse to put pods above the dash. Makes it too obvious there's car audio in there to steal.
I have some drivers you can have. I'm not sure what they are exactly, but they seem very similar to the Eminence Alpha 3.
Can you send me a note on Saturday evening to help me remember to bring them?

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Thanks Justin. My plan is to put them in the kicks aimed how they'll be mounted and wrapped up to keep the backwave from interfering. Then put a real tune on them with l/r eq and time alignment to give them a fair shake at a prediction of what could be. If I can get them to image in both the driving position and stretched out demo position I'll see about ordering up some gb25's to go with the rest of the toads in my install. Now I just need to remember to pull wires for 3-way, lol. HATE pulling wires so only gonna do that crap once!

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Let's hope a major cold front moves in but not one like what happened at the last NCSQ meet. Felt sorry for those that didn't come prepared. Bluebird sky and 80* for this one!

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Jason, Trisha, excellent GTG again. Was great to see everyone again. Got to eat some great food and hear some great sounding cars.

Michael - your Scion....Damn!
Erin - yours was amazing as always
Kevin - So, so, so, nice
Ken - your Cadillac sounded awesome. Your tuning skills are getting so much better. Some day you will be the one to watch out for come time for Finals.

Congrats to Kevin for winning the AF 12" sub. Looks like you may not be done with your system design after all.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Great meet. FINALLY was able to make it. Great sounding cars. Erin...WOW...thrill ride of the day! Thanks to Jason and his better half for putting this on. That nanner pudding cake was a great treat on a hot day. Look forward to hearing that Sport Trac when it's done. Kelly convinced me to salvage all the wiring I can out of the Jeep because GOOD wiring is spensive!

·
Registered
178 Posts
It was good meeting everyone. Hopefully my ride will on par with some of you guys after my rebuild.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts