DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

421 - 440 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
So you mean if people's priorities were spot on...they would have a thousand rounds of ammo? That THAT should be the right priority? Pray tell...
No, but the people like me that wish to exercise their right to bear arms damn well better be able to have some ammo ready if the need to prevent radical government tyranny ever comes up.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
No, but the people like me that wish to exercise their right to bear arms damn well better be able to have some ammo ready if the need to prevent radical government tyranny ever comes up.
Lol...Ok.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
My question is: Why didn't everyone have at least a thousand rounds of each caliber they own before all of this started?;)
Bingo!
Guess that makes me a prepper in this case........ah well.
I look at it this way, if I had 2000 rounds for each, I could be selling half of it for a big profit right now....:rolleyes:
My best friend in Phoenix just sold his AR-10 that he didn't want or need for $2500 yesterday.
Once he sells off all his extra magazines and 308 rounds he'll be close to $5000 for everything.
Crazy monies being thrown around out there right now.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I guess there could be a few reason why everyone does not have a thousand rounds for each caliber. Some for me are they would take up a whole room in the house as I dont have a safe big enough for the rifles, shotguns, pistols and air rifles that I own. Plus I dont see the point in having more then a couple hundred rounds when I can just go buy more in a 5 minute drive to the local store.
Under normal circumstances i'd agree with you. The reason for having a lot of ammo isn't for those times that you really want to hit the range on a sunday afternoon. All i'm gonna say.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Bingo!
Guess that makes me a prepper in this case........ah well.
I look at it this way, if I had 2000 rounds for each, I could be selling half of it for a big profit right now....:rolleyes:
My best friend in Phoenix just sold his AR-10 that he didn't want or need for $2500 yesterday.
Once he sells off all his extra magazines and 308 rounds he'll be close to $5000 for everything.
Crazy monies being thrown around out there right now.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
That's actually not a bad idea especially if you have backup. Especially since he'll prob be able to buy it all back for about 2k in a couple months.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'd consider 2 parts to this. 1. If the gov decides to remove the "trouble makers" there wouldn't be much we could do with our AR's. 2. A gov will usually disarm it's citizens before enforcing it's agenda. It has been the case time and time again. So if you find yourself one day, watching the military physically removing all guns and ammo from your house, that would be a good time to panic...well too late to panic really. Until then we should be good.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #427 (Edited)
2. A gov will usually disarm it's citizens before enforcing it's agenda. It has been the case time and time again. So if you find yourself one day, watching the military physically removing all guns and ammo from your house, that would be a good time to panic...well too late to panic really. Until then we should be good.

Translation:
Comrades, Turn in your weapons!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That's the problem, I'm not. Just a dream. But at least less than $1/round would be nice...

edit. never mind, found favorite brand in stock at a decent price :eek:

but alas, still no spare 17 rounder....

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
I'd consider 2 parts to this. 1. If the gov decides to remove the "trouble makers" there wouldn't be much we could do with our AR's. 2. A gov will usually disarm it's citizens before enforcing it's agenda. It has been the case time and time again. So if you find yourself one day, watching the military physically removing all guns and ammo from your house, that would be a good time to panic...well too late to panic really. Until then we should be good.
What color would you like your 666 ? This is so you your family can get food :laugh::p:D

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
The link was broken to the image I tried to post, here it is again below for good measures (history often repeats itself, as they say).

Translation: Comrades, turn in your weapons!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
That's the problem, I'm not. Just a dream. But at least less than $1/round would be nice...

edit. never mind, found favorite brand in stock at a decent price :eek:

but alas, still no spare 17 rounder....
Just curious. What has a 17rnd mag, and shoots 762x54?

Oh, and $1/rnd for 54 better come with a free blow job.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ok I hadn't checked on prices for those in weeks, gimme a break...

Anyways, I can still complain about .223, .556 and 9mm can't I? I want more of those too!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Hmm, doesn't sound like something i'd trust my life to. Home build?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Ok I hadn't checked on prices for those in weeks, gimme a break...

Anyways, I can still complain about .223, .556 and 9mm can't I? I want more of those too!
Oh yeah, those are still ridiculously priced and unattainable. A couple companies just dropped the contract for the huge gov order. So supply should level off within a couple months.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Can't wait to go try-out the new LC9 I just picked up. Saturday can't get here soon enough. I was lucky enough to get some 9MM FMJ's for it. I bought two 50 round boxes and picked-up some more 556 ammo. I'm going to take Chad's advice and not carry the LC9 until I become confident I can shoot it well.

I really like the Smith and Wesson SD40VE I have, but I don't always wear a jacket and for the warmer months when all I wear is a t-shirt and shorts, the pocket pistol will be nice to have. The LC9 fits very well, even in my Levis. I have a few months of shooting to get accustomed to it before I actually start carrying it.

421 - 440 of 698 Posts