147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a nice bang for buck 8 ohm tweeter that will work with a Dayton RS150
crossed at 2k 12db slope.

What ya guys think?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Some of the Morels can crossover that low I think.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Do you have room for full size 4" face plate tweeters? That opens up a lot more options. Also just curious why 8 ohm? Do you already have a passive crossover that requires 8 ohm?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have room for full size 4" face plate tweeters? That opens up a lot more options. Also just curious why 8 ohm? Do you already have a passive crossover that requires 8 ohm?
I do have the space I can still mount it, not sure it'll look too great. But I can do it. That being said I've been looking into the Dayton Tweets.

I plan on using a Dayton passive Xover. Also, that being said, could I use the 4k passive xover (intended for 8 ohm tweeter) with a 4 ohm tweet thus making the xover point 2k, then do the same with the mid? would that mess up anything?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have no expertise in passive crossover design but it might work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump probably gonna go ahead and buy all the stuff late tonight or tomorrow. would much prefer a compact tweet but leaning towards the Dayton DC28FT if cant get a compact one

·
Registered
91 Posts
I built a tiny bookshelf speaker using the Dayton RS125 speaker and Dayton XO2W-2K crossover with the Morel MDT39. If the smaller Dayton is like the bigger Dayton you're using it would be a good match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts