DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at playing around with rear fill, but this means I need another amp.

This leaves me with some options. I currently have a pdx-v9 on my tweeters (M25) and mids (TM65). This puts out about 120 watts to the mids and I set it around 75 watts for the tweeters.

Here are my options.

1) Pick up a 2 ch amp (probably a zapco st-2xsq) for the tweeters and then run rear fill off of the pdx-v9. Probably the cheapest route

2) Pick up a cheap micro amp to run rear fill off of (probably the alpine ktp-445u)

3) Pick up a used 4 channel amp to bridge and use it on my TM65's to get them more clean power and then run tweeters and rear fill off of the pdx-v9. Probably a pdx-f4/f6 so I can stack them or something smaller.

The problem is space. This is in an f150 so I don't have a lot of it. Picture attached showing what I am working with for space. The amp rack is built as big as possible so whatever amp I choose, needs to fit on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The ST 2x SQ is a bit over rated in my opinion. I'm willing to bet that Alpine is a better sounding amplifier than the ST 2X SQ by a smidgen. That AudioControl looks nice and I have always had good luck with AudioControl products. I also happen to think rear fill is a waste of time too but you don't want to hear that. The only vehicle I run rear fill in is my minivan and only when the kids are watching moves back there, otherwise I fade them out. They are cheap Kicker coaxial speakers that actually sound kind of decent run off the head unit power.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ST 2x SQ is a bit over rated in my opinion. I'm willing to bet that Alpine is a better sounding amplifier than the ST 2X SQ by a smidgen. That AudioControl looks nice and I have always had good luck with AudioControl products. I also happen to think rear fill is a waste of time too but you don't want to hear that. The only vehicle I run rear fill in is my minivan and only when the kids are watching moves back there, otherwise I fade them out. They are cheap Kicker coaxial speakers that actually sound kind of decent run off the head unit power.
Ya, I've never played with rear fill before, but thought it might be interesting to play with since the helix can do the proper time delay.

I'm leaning towards a pdx-f4/f6 so I can get the tm65's a little more clean power and it would stack nicely and solve placement issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts