DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said, Jasper Jig, because most people probably know what these are... Just a piece of plastic, with a bunch of holes in it. Stupidly overpriced, IMPO. I can get cheap, Chinese knock offs all day long, for $13 to $15 which I'm quite sure will do the same job... I just don't have 2-4 weeks to wait on the stupid thing :( I was thinking, Harbor Freight, but don't see anything on their website. I'm looking to spend less than $20. And BTW, for my purposes, I will need to cut holes up to 17" diameter...

If I cant find a cheap one, I think I will just have to make one, out of a small sheet of aluminum and drill my own holes....

Any suggestions ???

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Aluminum or wood. Remove the router plate to drill holes in wood/alum to mount it to the bottom of your router. Then drill holes for the radii of the holes you need. Pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aluminum or wood. Remove the router plate to drill holes in wood/alum to mount it to the bottom of your router. Then drill holes for the radii of the holes you need. Pretty straight forward.
Yes, and that's probably what I will do.... For the mean time. And then just go on and order one if those knockoffs from China, even if it takes 3 weeks to get it.

Still want to check Harbor Freight though....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try offerup or FB market

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Tried those, for Sacramento. Nothing :(

So still, I have about 493 cheap options from China...$12 to $16... and they still probably make 5000% profit... yea, I'd say these are probably .25 cents worth of plastic... all 3 to 4 weeks delivery time. Or 197 offers from the US, several from Amazon Prime, overnight delivery... $45 for a stinking piece of plastic with holes in it ! URGGGG ! Makes me want to break chit !

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just get a jasper jig and forget about it. Let me ask this. How much is your time worth? What is an hour of your time worth is what I’m getting at?
By the time you do a custom diy jig and materials you could have just bought a jasper jig. I picked one up the other day for 50.00. I’ll use it for different things and it will last forever.
you have spent more time looking for cheap ones already to have just bought one. Just saying.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I almost forgot I was asking about this, as I had just wrote it off, and said the heck with it, I'll just use my jig saw, like I always have.....
But now it's looking like it might be 3 weeks before I do my next build, and it's going to be kind of a special build that is going to require 7 big holes ! ...well two holes through doubled 3/4', and one through tripled 3/4".... and those holes really need to line up....
So, I'm going to order one of those Chinese cheapie jigs now, and hopefully I'll have it by the time I'm ready ☺

1 - 8 of 8 Posts