DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holiday season is coming up...want to surprise the lady with a new HU n a sub(s).....For A 08 Scion XB....lets focus on the HU tho.....I need something Double Din,Nav Equipped,Reads/Displays Ipod,USB,SD Card,DVD...I'm Tryna Spend $200-$300Max.....Shoot Me the Pros n Cons On What U Know Or Have...Thanx In Advance

·
Registered
144 Posts
Like already said, double din and NAV aren't going to be at the $300 price point from any reputable brand. If you double your budget, you'll start finding options.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really?? didnt know it was that pricey....i see all diff kinds of pioneer HUs on amazon....for that price....well nix the nav...lol....she has a smart phone

·
Registered
784 Posts
After a long night of reasearch last night, I pulled the trigger on this badboy http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29464_Sony-CDX-GT550UI.html

7band EQ, USB and aux input front and rear. It has the "high frequency cut" for making your rear speakers help with lows instead of playing fullrange.

It also says it has low & high pass active crossover control, as well as TIME alignment. The unit can also change from BLUE to GREEN color sceme...

Not bad for 75 shipped !

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was looking for something along the same line back in June, and decided to skip the HU for now since the one that seemed to suit my needs was the higher end Alpine which is about $1200.

The only thing I ever found that was even close to a low budget Nav unit with plenty of bells and whistles was this...
Eonon G2216| Car GPS | Car DVD GPS | 2 Din Car GPS DVD

Although I would be skeptical of the quality. So I decided to do the rest of the install and stick with a multimedia player until I can afford to dump $1500 on a nice HU/NAV.

BTW: that price does not even include the map, which is another $40, lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking for something along the same line back in June, and decided to skip the HU for now since the one that seemed to suit my needs was the higher end Alpine which is about $1200.

The only thing I ever found that was even close to a low budget Nav unit with plenty of bells and whistles was this...
Eonon G2216| Car GPS | Car DVD GPS | 2 Din Car GPS DVD

Although I would be skeptical of the quality. So I decided to do the rest of the install and stick with a multimedia player until I can afford to dump $1500 on a nice HU/NAV.

BTW: that price does not even include the map, which is another $40, lol.

Yea That Looks Cool.....But Im Gonna Keep A Close Eye On Amazon...They HAD the Pioneer I Wanted For $350....But I Missed The Deal....Its Gon Come Up Again...Now Lets Say Price Isnt An Issue...Cause I Got The Hook Up....What Do Ya'll Suggest??

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was at Best Buy this weekend and there was a Jensen double din with navi, 3 outputs, etc for $399. I'll go to BB's site in a minute and see if I can find you a link. I know its a little more than the price you mentioned but for the money it has alot of features, great place to buy from, and a decent name brand.

Here ya go...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0300000

And just saw this for $300...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pyle+-+...stem/3380655.p?id=1218397329229&skuId=3380655

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Kenwood ddx512

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I had a 3200BT which is very similar except its a 5.8" screen. Very, very user friendly IMO. I have always liked Pioneer. The ipod connection is easy to use also. Good deck for the money.
You mentioned wanting navi... no navi on this one but can be added, so thats a plus in the long run.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a 3200BT which is very similar except its a 5.8" screen. Very, very user friendly IMO. I have always liked Pioneer. The ipod connection is easy to use also. Good deck for the money.
You mentioned wanting navi... no navi on this one but can be added, so thats a plus in the long run.

Good Good....Yea I Can Always Upgrade To Nav...Smart Phone Is Pretty handy....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts