DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help. I’m not a car audio expert by any means. I’m running an Eclipse SW6200 4+4ohm and a Dual DWS12 4 ohm and a planet audio ac600.2 amp 600 watts. I can’t bridge them because it won’t work bridging it normally. I’ve read I need to run them in parallel but I’m a little confused on how to do that. I tried splicing both together and bridge to one channel but it made my amp kick off. I know it’s not the best setup but when it was bridged it hit really good and it’s plenty for me. I’m running them unbridged now and the amp doesn’t kick off. I just wanna be able to bridge them again I’m just not sure how. Any ideas?

· Registered
2,477 Posts
I can’t remember wiring crap to save my life…after decades of playing I still use Rockford Fosgates Woofer Wiring Wizard website to refresh my memory.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn’t let me select a single and dual voice coil sub that’s the issue is I’m not sure how to parallel wire them I wanna get the ohms down but still be bridged. If I splice together and use them both on one bridged channel it makes my amp kick off.

· Registered
10,775 Posts
You really have the wrong combination of equipment. A mono amp would be better than a 2 channel, and using 2 different subs will lead to several issues, one of which being that the 2 subs will not receive the same power. Your best solution is to use one sub, in the proper box, and put the other one in the garage.

That 2 channel amp cannot be bridged to under 4 ohms without shutting down, or risking damage, so use the single voice coil Dual subwoofer, and bridge the amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.