DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pionner gm-0t has my amp. 750 rms, so I need a sub. 12 inch I put box already from crutchfield. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'd look into the Memphis audio, thats what i got!!! or you could always spend the big cash and get a arc audio flatline and go boom boom boom

·
Registered
76 Posts
that pre-fab box might fall apart from the weight of the diyma.
If it came from crutch field it is probably those qlogic boxes, they are pretty sturdy. Will definitely need to put some of those meta bolt things that I can't remember the name of right now. They have the teeth that dig into the wood and give you a solid metal thread to put a machine screw in. They sell them at home depot.

We do need box specs though to make a solid recommendation. I would almost always recommend making a box though, those prefab boxes are crap. I am not very good at building boxes at all, and every box I have ever built sounded way better than the prefab. They were always ugly as sin, but they did sound nice. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will definitely need to put some of those meta bolt things that I can't remember the name of right now. They have the teeth that dig into the wood and give you a solid metal thread to put a machine screw in. They sell them at home depot.
I'm definatley going to look into that. Thanks

I hate to sound like a broken record but from my experience building your own enclosure always yields the best results.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
If it came from crutch field it is probably those qlogic boxes, they are pretty sturdy. Will definitely need to put some of those meta bolt things that I can't remember the name of right now. They have the teeth that dig into the wood and give you a solid metal thread to put a machine screw in. They sell them at home depot.

We do need box specs though to make a solid recommendation. I would almost always recommend making a box though, those prefab boxes are crap. I am not very good at building boxes at all, and every box I have ever built sounded way better than the prefab. They were always ugly as sin, but they did sound nice. :)

You are thinking T-Nuts or possibly threaded inserts, either works well.

I would suggest the DIYMA for $100 if you desire a "blendy" sub, and something more like an SSA Icon or Fi Audio SSD if you want something with more "subby-ness", for lack of better words.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are thinking T-Nuts or possibly threaded inserts, either works well.

I would suggest the DIYMA for $100 if you desire a "blendy" sub, and something more like an SSA Icon or Fi Audio SSD if you want something with more "subby-ness", for lack of better words.

I really like those words, "blendy" and "subby-ness" you should trade mark them. I just bought a DIYMA 12 today, hoping for a sub with good "blendy" properties.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
hee hee.

Well to go off on a wild tangent explaining how cabin gain affects the frequency response blah blah and then the DIYMA has a FR plot that starts to roll off at blah blah etc. just doesn't have the same "aha!" snap as "blendy", know what I mean?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts