DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

need a sub =)

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Lanson 
#1 ·
I have pionner gm-0t has my amp. 750 rms, so I need a sub. 12 inch I put box already from crutchfield. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot

#6 ·
If it came from crutch field it is probably those qlogic boxes, they are pretty sturdy. Will definitely need to put some of those meta bolt things that I can't remember the name of right now. They have the teeth that dig into the wood and give you a solid metal thread to put a machine screw in. They sell them at home depot.

We do need box specs though to make a solid recommendation. I would almost always recommend making a box though, those prefab boxes are crap. I am not very good at building boxes at all, and every box I have ever built sounded way better than the prefab. They were always ugly as sin, but they did sound nice. :)

#8 ·
You are thinking T-Nuts or possibly threaded inserts, either works well.

I would suggest the DIYMA for $100 if you desire a "blendy" sub, and something more like an SSA Icon or Fi Audio SSD if you want something with more "subby-ness", for lack of better words.

#10 ·
You are thinking T-Nuts or possibly threaded inserts, either works well.

I would suggest the DIYMA for $100 if you desire a "blendy" sub, and something more like an SSA Icon or Fi Audio SSD if you want something with more "subby-ness", for lack of better words.

I really like those words, "blendy" and "subby-ness" you should trade mark them. I just bought a DIYMA 12 today, hoping for a sub with good "blendy" properties.

#11 ·
hee hee.

Well to go off on a wild tangent explaining how cabin gain affects the frequency response blah blah and then the DIYMA has a FR plot that starts to roll off at blah blah etc. just doesn't have the same "aha!" snap as "blendy", know what I mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.