· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a sound system installed in my 2019 golf r. My setup is

Nav tech TV module
Helix dsp ultra
Mosconi pro 5/30 5 channel amp

Speakers:
2 way setup (eventually 3 way when I can afford it.)
Focal utopia-m tbm tweeter
Focal utopia m 6mw mids
Jl audio w7 10 inch in sealed enclosure , will be replacing with a 12 inch audiofrog gb12.

Anyways I would like to feed it the best source possible so I was thinking about buying a DAP. However I don't know how I would plug it in and which DAP would be best ? is there any thing else I would need to buy? What kind of cable I need? I have a subscription to the tidal streaming service for there mqa lossless music. Currently using my android Samsung phones plugged to the cars USB for Android auto, using the tidal app .

I really appreciate your help
View attachment 322606

· Registered
4,486 Posts
Being 100% upfront switching to a three way and getting it tuned and fully active will give you way more benefit vs a dedicated dap

If you want to benefit from better signal use the output of your phone to a topping d10s or douk audio usb digital converter (the d10s is a dac also, but it is a competent digital converter as it’s party trick) android is a little limited in the sense it can’t do bit perfect from any app due to the android audio layer… apple is better technically in the audio department

Although the tidal app can in theory use an external dac in exclusive mode now, although I’ve never managed to get it work on my older tablet, but mqa without a dedicated dac to unfold it is not really any better than hifi… what mqa actually provides is also in question, but that’s not a debate for here

Something like a fiio M9 or 11 via coax makes a good solution as a dedicated dap, but I’d still take three way active before worrying about my source I think 👍🏼

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello folks, searching for a DAP that can play music at its ideal. Searching for a brand that puts all the cash on research and development to get the best SQ and that is all, not the quickest streaming, quickest UI, smooth touch screen, bluetooth, wifi and all that stuff. I couldn't care less about any of that. I simply need a straightforward player that can convey the best strong quality. Doesn't make any difference in the event that it's old model, actual buttons, modern plan. I'm only here for the sound, likewise having great battery duration will be an or more. I'm trusting some of you folks can help me out proposing not many or even one. Much obliged to you for your time.

Kodi nox

· Registered
4,486 Posts
I don't think the astell&kern have coax output do you know how he plugs it to his car audio system
Most of them have either coax or optical… I forget which, but in general they do have a digital output… some people buy them for the dac… this is nuts… as whatever specs a dac has as soon as you put it into a dsp it’s only as good as the adc and then the dac out of the dsp… so it makes sense to use digital input, then only the dac at the end of the chain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.