DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research but couldn’t put together some details. I have an existing 4-channel amp with 70rms per channel. 2 pairs of the same 2-way speakers in the front and the rear. I am fine with the sound but I need more bass. I am not interested in boxed sub in the trunk or beefed up system. I am not looking for crazy bass where you hear the car next to you at the stop light. Reading on the net points me to two budget 6.5" drop-in woofers with frequency range of 60 Hz - 3300 Hz with high Qts like 0.55 guideline to follow. Well, I am just not sure. Budget with low rms drop-in 6.5 woofers can be purchased from parts-express. I was wondering if a pair of 6.5 woofers will produce better bass than a pair of 2-way speakers that has frequency range of 58 Hz - 16k Hz. Could a 2-way speaker ever hit low notes like a woofer even when advertized low Hz unit? Is there some kind of guideline to follow for a simple setup? I appreciate any opinion. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you just want "some bass", then there are 6.5" subs that will fill the bill. you can mount them to the rear deck in an IB configuration or in small enclosures. ( and I mean small, like .25-.5 cuft sealed)

to answer your other question, you will never get realistic "bass" from a coax in the door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, are there some guidelines to follow to get two 6.5" woofers for the rear deck? i assume .25-.5 cuft sealed is for boxed sub option.

how much rms is allowed for a woofer to pair with an amp understanding that too much rms or too little is no good. plus or minus 10%?

if you just want "some bass", then there are 6.5" subs that will fill the bill. you can mount them to the rear deck in an IB configuration or in small enclosures. ( and I mean small, like .25-.5 cuft sealed)

to answer your other question, you will never get realistic "bass" from a coax in the door.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
ok, are there some guidelines to follow to get two 6.5" woofers for the rear deck? i assume .25-.5 cuft sealed is for boxed sub option.

how much rms is allowed for a woofer to pair with an amp understanding that too much rms or too little is no good. plus or minus 10%?
yes, that would be for a boxes option. you will get a little more power handling out of a small sub if you enclose it. not required, but you may find that it sound better.

really depends on the sub. something like this:
DDAudio: SW6.5

will take 250watts RMS put a pair of those in your rear deck and you will think you have sub much bigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts