DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, long time reader, love the amount of info that’s on here.

I’m looking to pair these up with the DAYTON RS28A, so i need an 8" that can get to about 2k without breaking up.

Right now I’m using a pair of DD w6.5 but I want to improve the midrange and get better midbass as well, that’s why the move to an 8" driver. It should get better, right?

These are the drivers that have caught my eye and I want to keep it as budget as possible but I will go up to $200 if it worth it. I have about [email protected] to give them. Which driver will do this for me?

Peerless Exclusive 830884
Peerless CSC-X Autosound 850519
Seas CA22RNX
Morel MW266
AURUM CANTUS AC-200MK2
DAYTON RS225S-8
Meniscus W-0838R

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
The Peerless exclusive and Dayton rs225 seem the most promising due to their very low distortion motors, and the reputation both have for building drivers with exacting detail and quality.

I would certainly take the others off your list, as Imho there's nothing compelling about those drivers that could match the performance of the above 2.

·
Registered
578 Posts
newtitan said:
lol after hearing the XLS and how smooth it was and strong output , i would have chosen the peerless exclusive

but hey Raul has heard both the peerless and the dayton
Not really... the XLS 8 is not a good candidate for midrange duty. And I have not heard the Rs225 or the Peerless Exclusive...

But considering the price of both, & how good the rs180 & rs150 are... I'd take a chance on the rs225...

Sorry... i did not mean to sound like I had 1st hand experience with all of them... I will be getting a chance to tell more about the Rs225 soon though...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
racerraul said:
But considering the price of both, & how good the rs180 & rs150 are... I'd take a chance on the rs225...
Actually the RS 225 is the best performer from the RS line... ;)

So far, that's what i'm planning on doing as well... RS tweeter + RS225... but plans may change... :D

Leo

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help.
I went with the Daytons. For that price, if i dont like them its not that big of a hit. I should have them this week and im hoping to have them in by this weekend. Cant wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.