DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everybody. I'm building a new system in my 350z and have some questions.
First, the main one: I don't know should I go active or passive... I have Morel Supremo 6 for the front (and only) stage and the only passive way of connecting this would be getting MXS 2.0 - Morel 2-Way Dedicated Crossover. Didn't really want to go active but I keep reading that with this type of speakers going active is the only way. On top of that there is no reviews in this forum (I will look elsewhere) about those crossovers. On the other way I could go active since I already have an H701+W505 via optical cable but I'm afraid I won't be able to tune this system perfectly.
My next question would be for a local Miami people. Where do you take your cars for the tune and install? I'm trying to make it easy for them having all of the speakers/tweeters professionally installed in the pods (tweeters by BING, speakers by Wickedcas.com), got sub boxes and amp rack already custom made for my car, I will probably even run the wires and cables (if I'll have time for this) just to make sure everything is where it suppose to be but I don't know where to tune it..
And the third question. I didn't do my research yet for the cables and the accessories I need to install everything I have so I would like to hear your comments on the brands and quantity to complete my install. I prefer to come to the shop with everything in hands so they do not wait for the parts to come. Now what I have so far:
- W505+DHA S690+H701, Changer and HU already installed so for now I just want to get an optical cable to run to the H701.
- 2 8" TC Sounds subs in separate enclosures + Steg K02/04 to run them. What should I use to run between H701 and Steg, from Steg to subs?
- Supremo 6 2-way
What would be suggestions for an AMP to run Supremos?
Which cables for speakers (I have center channel speaker also)? Which cables to run from H701 to the speaker amp?
And what would be suggestion for the cables to power up the whole system?

Thanks beforehand to everybody! Suggestions, feedback and critics are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a little research on cables, so this problem solved.

Now what would be your recommendations for an amp to run Supremo's SW9 and piccolo's + center channel active? Something SQ and enough.. Looking at the audison's and Sinfoni's...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts