DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my dilemna. I recently picked up a 2010 Nissan GT-R. It has the Bose syatem and I currenly have plans to repace it. I listen to primarily Hip-Hop, so I prefer a nice mid-bass upfront soundstage (as well as to some classic rock when in the mood). I have narrowed it down to a few 3-way sets I am entertaining. Need assisting finding the best for this type of needs.

Head Unit: Stock Nissan
Processor: Audison BitOne
3-Way: Hertz Hi Energy 165 3-way component or
JL Audio C5-653 or
Audison Voce (AV1.1, AV3.0, AV6.5)
Amps: (2) Hertz HDP4 or
JL Audio XD600/6 and 600/1
Subs: (2) JL Audio 10-W3 in fiberglass enclosure in each corner of trunk.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would hate to be in your position...but to answer you question I have a set of the HSK163's being driven off of a XD700/5 and have been very impressed. I don't have the processing that you will but they sound decent off of the Hertz crossover. In my other car I have Dyn 7,3, and tweet that are active there is an difference in cars but it sounds great for a simple drop in solution. I haven't heard the Audison drivers and used to sell JL so the C5's should sound good as well though I've never sold a set of the 3 ways.

I am very interested in the HDP amps. The specs are impressive.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Pics, Pics, of the GT-R. :)

That's my kinda car. Let's the average Joe drive quick and the experienced driver fly.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Here's my dilemna. I recently picked up a 2010 Nissan GT-R. It has the Bose syatem and I currenly have plans to repace it. I listen to primarily Hip-Hop, so I prefer a nice mid-bass upfront soundstage (as well as to some classic rock when in the mood). I have narrowed it down to a few 3-way sets I am entertaining. Need assisting finding the best for this type of needs.

Head Unit: Stock Nissan
Processor: Audison BitOne
3-Way: Hertz Hi Energy 165 3-way component or
JL Audio C5-653 or
Audison Voce (AV1.1, AV3.0, AV6.5)
Amps: (2) Hertz HDP4 or
JL Audio XD600/6 and 600/1
Subs: (2) JL Audio 10-W3 in fiberglass enclosure in each corner of trunk.

Thanks in advance
Having heard the old HSK165, old HSK163 and the 2-way C5, I would recommend you go with the C5-653... There's no contest there, the C5 comp is better.

Now if it's the HSK163 (new version gray carbonish cone) then it's up to you since I've never heard it.

Kelvin

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally would go with the HDP's.

I would piece together your own 3 way. I would use a HV165XL, HL70, HT28. The XL would give you much better mid bass.

I would ditch the W3's and get a single HX250D.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I have narrowed it down to Voce or Hi-energy XL. I see that xmax on the XL is 8mm where only 3mm on the Voce. Is that any kind of evidence that the XL may hit harder in the midbass area than the Voce? Thoughts?

·
Registered
189 Posts
OK, I have narrowed it down to Voce or Hi-energy XL. I see that xmax on the XL is 8mm where only 3mm on the Voce. Is that any kind of evidence that the XL may hit harder in the midbass area than the Voce? Thoughts?
The XL's are very snappy, more so then the Voce's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts