DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a a 15" mtx tr75 dual 2 ohm in a ported box tuned to 28 hz with a RF 501bd mono amp and was wondering what i could do to make it sound better. i have a pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and it slams like it is already. ive been wondering if a crossover, sound processor, or eq would help make it a cleaner sound and maybe hit a little harder. i have a budget of about $100 and would like to get the best i can for the money. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
is it clarity, transition, accuracy, etc. thats wrong with the sound, or is it peaky like your response isnt flat?

if its the first i suggest new sub, if its the 2nd sound processor or eq could work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it its the second. what processor or eq would u recommend, ive never messed with one so not sure what to buy and what to avoid

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I don't know if sq is really what you are talking here. SQ involved more than just sub bass (which is a very small part of it). Good Luck though!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
If it sounds different with different music, it may have a response issue. I'd try a PEQ (parametric) on it. Some of the bass processors are PEQs. I use an old alpine ere g190 EQ the parametric is for bass 200 and below, it worked really well. But it has crossover and other stuff I don't need, so I might look into a bass processor that can do the same thing. The PEQ works better than the 16 band EQ in my 880PRS HU. You can try stuffing the box too, walmart has poly for $2 a bag or whatever it is.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Pick up an AudioControl Epicenter. They go for around $160 on Ebay. A little over your budget, but I`m sure you could stretch it

·
Registered
266 Posts
Buy jbl ms-8

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
i have a a 15" mtx tr75 dual 2 ohm in a ported box tuned to 28 hz with a RF 501bd mono amp and was wondering what i could do to make it sound better.
Try a sealed box for a start.

i have a pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and it slams like it is already.
What is your xover point for the sub / mid? What slope is the sub cut on? Try x'ing the sub/mids at around 50-60hz on the steepest slope your hu gives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts