DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy needs 6 3/4 coaxials. Would like to spend $60 or less and handle about 100W RMS each. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
He replies like that because: I havn't been around for long, but long enough to realize that tspence is a resident *******.

To be honest I am not sure whether you would get much for $60 other than raiding the bargain bin at a big box store.

This will probably result in something better than OEM (sometimes). However you know that you can get much more for a little more
For instance I just bought a pair of Vifa XT25's to replace my crappy Alpine cheap component tweets, and I am just loving them. Around $35 per tweet. That's not much stacked up against some of the other big names.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has he tried Craigslist or considered used? Been looking around lately trying to decide how to do my truck stereo rebuild, and saw some decent deals online with used. Of course it would have some risk involved, but maybe it's worth it?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Autodupe FTL

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
The Phoenix Gold RSd series is close to your budget. Here is a review of them: Phoenix Gold RSd 65CS - New Product Review - Car Audio and Electronics Magazine

And here is where you can get them: Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs (RSd65cs) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix or PHOENIX GOLD RSd65cs (RSD65CS) <br>6.5" MidBass 120W RSd Series Component SPEAKERS or RSD65cs - Phoenix Gold 6.5" Radial SD 2-way Component System

ETA: A 6.5 will work, but it is going to take a little work to make it work with a 6 3/4" cutout.

ETA2: I am giving up because this lack of sleep has me giving out bonehead advice.... Just noticed you needed a coax... sorry :(

·
Registered
202 Posts
Somethin's jammed = double post.

·
Registered
555 Posts
:).........nah
Congrats, another useless post under your belt. So if you can't recommend your ****ty speakers you won't recommend any? Nice elitist attitude buttmunch.

Shut the hell up tspence.

To actually contribute something to this thread (unlike ^), I would try to find some ID coax's used on ebay or somewhere.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ran the 6.5 RSd Coaxials on 75 watts each from a Cadence amp. It worked well and I never had them blow or sound overdriven. They were ~$60 when I got them I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts