DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not car audio but diy so long story I need a replacement diode for this hard drive board. I snapped a picture but can't find anything online. It doesn't even need to be smd just temporary so I can pull the data off the drive. Anyone have an idea? We have a Dymo printer that is the same plug but is 24v. The hard drive is...er... was 12v.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shouldn't need to spend $80+ just for a diode. Can I just jumper it for the moment because it should just be for over voltage or reverse polarity I think.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I shouldn't need to spend $80+ just for a diode. Can I just jumper it for the moment because it should just be for over voltage or reverse polarity I think.

No clue man. I work in IT and we’ve always swapped controllers. It’s worth a shot though if you want to try - it can’t get any more non-functional.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sooo is it shorted? Why do you need to replace it?

If it is shorted, and just used as a tvs (or reverse voltage protect like you said), just remove it until you've done what you need.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so it shows continuity so it must be good? I don't know if there is anything more I can do. I am a novice so who knows. I guess I will just buy another Seagate Baracuda HD to swap the board just to get the data. Defeated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts