DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace my stock head unit in my 06 F150 FX4 Crewcab with a double din. I already have a 4 channel amp that runs my sub and front components. I don't need nav or dvd as I have a Garmin and rear seat entertainment now.

I'd like to stay under $200.

It must have HD Radio.

Here's the one I'm looking at JVC KW-HDR720.

Any other good suggestions for me?

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
With that price point in mind there are several no name brands to choose from. My suggestion is either grab the JVC, or search the classifieds for a really great deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If you want decent radio reception, I recommend you avoid that JVC. See what you can find used or raise your budget to maybe $300...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want decent radio reception, I recommend you avoid that JVC. See what you can find used or raise your budget to maybe $300...
The reception is bad on the JVC? Is this only an issue in highly populated bigger cities or a blanket statement? I ask because I don't live in a large city with tall buildings. I'm in Kansas where everything is flat. For instance, I listen to mainly Kansas City Missouri stations with my stock hu that are over 60 miles away and pick those up fine. Does that matter?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The reception is bad on the JVC? Is this only an issue in highly populated bigger cities or a blanket statement? I ask because I don't live in a large city with tall buildings. I'm in Kansas where everything is flat. For instance, I listen to mainly Kansas City Missouri stations with my stock hu that are over 60 miles away and pick those up fine. Does that matter?
JVC radio reception sucks, and stock radios are usually the best for reception. Aftermarket H/Us don't usually seem to put too much thought/care into their radio reception.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
consider alpine? there ar ea few different D-DIN alpines that might fit the bill. do you care if it is used? the IXA-W404/407 are great HUs and the radio reception is really good in mine ;) they also have a very nice ipod interface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts