DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some help or insight on how to properly set up my system.

Heres what I currently have:

Kenwood X993
ID XS65's front only
ED Nine.2X for the comps
RD Audio 1750.1
RE SX12 in a box built to spec

I just feel like its lacking something. Im not sure how much movement I should get on my mid drivers,but Im getting almost nothing. Then I try to adjust the EQ by boosting the lower to mid section and it just seems to make the sub be louder or get to boomy.

Im not necessarily new to audio,but Ive never had a system like this. Im not sure how to tune it...someone told me I should get a 3 way electronic X-over,what do you all think??

I really need some help...

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Ok I need some help or insight on how to properly set up my system.

Heres what I currently have:

Kenwood X993
ID XS65's front only
ED Nine.2X for the comps
RD Audio 1750.1
RE SX12 in a box built to spec

I just feel like its lacking something. Im not sure how much movement I should get on my mid drivers,but Im getting almost nothing. Then I try to adjust the EQ by boosting the lower to mid section and it just seems to make the sub be louder or get to boomy.

Im not necessarily new to audio,but Ive never had a system like this. Im not sure how to tune it...someone told me I should get a 3 way electronic X-over,what do you all think??

I really need some help...
What kind of high pass and low pass filters are available on your head unit and amps and what do you have them set to?

Would care to describe how your speakers are installed?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I'm not sure what you mean by " what kind of crossovers". I haven't tried to set them yet because I don't know where to set them.

My speakers are installed with a 3/4" spacer and the door has Dynamat over everything I could put it. The door is pretty well sealed.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
IMO this can be very subjective with a lot of reasons why your having issues and sometimes you need a good local shop to take a look at it

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There really isnt any place for me to do that locally. All the audio shops are me I wouldnt trust to touch my car at all.

Would I benefit from an external EQ maybe??

I was playing with the settings last night,something seems weird...I turned off the sub completely and tried to see what I could get from just my comps. I mean, they sound good,just hardly any bass.

·
Registered
306 Posts
As far as a good shop, go up to Fontana, or San Bernadino to Audio America. I used to work there, and the guys there new there stuff, at leaset when I was there in 1999-2000. but if you want I could help you out also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts