DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm in need of some assistance with putting together my first car audio system. I have a 1997 chevy pickup with 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors. My overall goal with the system is SQ, although I do have a somewhat limited budget. I'm planning on piecing the setup together slowly, but figured I would get opinions on everything right away. First off, of course, will be the headunit, which I was planning on spending around $200 on. Next would come component speakers and a 4 or 5 channel amp (which I would eventually bridge for a sub) which I budgeted around $500 for both. I'm fully aware that sound deadening is a crucial part of an SQ install, but I'm not really sure which brands are best or what sort of budget I should have for that; thus, any input on that matter would be greatly appreciated. Later would come the sub, which I don't really want to spend more than $250 on. I'm willing to accept any input you may have, so don't hesitate to tell me if I have this all wrong.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts