DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need 6.5 coax speakers. I was looking for speakers with really crisp highs. What would you guys recommend. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
kicker has some pretty nice ones. also memphis connection has some that can handle a lot of power and have solid cones that will last through the hardest. go to your local shops and check out the sound walls. im pretty sure they will let you take a cd in there of you personal music to find the right pair for your car

·
Registered
20 Posts
... nope - i suggest to you get whatever speaker you fancy - and then buy a set of tweeters (even cheap 10$ 1ich power acoustics tweeters at Wallmart) and glue it to the corner of the dashboard/windshield (or where ever you feel suitable to have it aimed at you) and run it parle to the front speaker's (the ones I suggest has a nice built-in cross-over/bass blocker - you should not run one with these features in series - don't worry about no ohms bs you will be fine) no speaker mounted tweeter(aka coaxal) will make you happy if that is your goal for a speaker,

2ed options is a coaxal with amiable tweeter (infinity kappa / jbl stages "some club modles?)

3ed .. every good speaker labels what kinda tweeter it has (a metal dome is much brighter than a plastic or silk dome tweeter and is my pick "supper tweeters")

·
Registered
109 Posts
This post is 12 years old, imagine the OP found their speakers by now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It’s far too easy to click on a suggested thread and not realize it’s 10 years old, unless you’re familiar with this forum. This isn’t directed at you, I’m just griping about this (though if you’re doing research the way they do it is ideal). I’ve done that a couple times but I guess I’m still new.

On the up side, people replying to decades old threads might be helpful to someone who might otherwise have had to start a new thread on the same subject.

·
Super Moderator
555 Posts

LOL, this Tdog guy did the same thing on a 9+ year old thread the other day and I responded in a similar way, but he didn't seem to care or understand,,

·
Registered
221 Posts
It’s far too easy to click on a suggested thread and not realize it’s 10 years old, unless you’re familiar with this forum. This isn’t directed at you, I’m just griping about this (though if you’re doing research the way they do it is ideal). I’ve done that a couple times but I guess I’m still new.

On the up side, people replying to decades old threads might be helpful to someone who might otherwise have had to start a new thread on the same subject.
I agree 100%.

Also, the STUPID banner at bottom of page is designed to obscure the "Post" button.

This is a black-hat trick designed to gain clicks/ad revenue, but really just hampers people's ability to respond to threads.

As for answering ollld posts, there really should at LEAST be a pop-up that warns: "This thread is greater than [X] years old, and may no longer be relevant. Are you still sure you wish to post this response? YES NO."

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sometimes, it works out better. Here's a creative person who decided JB Weld and AudioFrog should get friendly. And the results were pretty impressive:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts