DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 outback non nav with the factory hk system but I have already replaced the factory sub and added a mono amp to power it and now I'm looking to replace the rest of the system and I just need help choosing a component set as well as a 4 channel amp to power both it and the coaxials I will put in the rear doors

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
My concern is that unless you defeat the processing of the HK system that swapping speakers will only make a small difference. Someone who has worked on the Subaru HK system will have a better idea than me, but often times swapping speakers doesn't make as big of an improvement as in the olden days because the head unit is tuned specifically for the OEM speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they do have 4 channel amps and I eventually intended to swap out the factory amp but not until I added front speakers. You think I should consider doing it now and running all speakers to said 4 channel?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, they do have 4 channel amps and I eventually intended to swap out the factory amp but not until I added front speakers. You think I should consider doing it now and running all speakers to said 4 channel?
Yes, for me and my Stang the easier solution was to change head unit first, run speakers and/or after market speakers to Amps. Easiest/simplest solution, cause a lot of OEM setups these days are Super complicated.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I have a 2011 outback non nav with the factory hk system but I have already replaced the factory sub and added a mono amp to power it and now I'm looking to replace the rest of the system and I just need help choosing a component set as well as a 4 channel amp to power both it and the coaxials I will put in the rear doors.

FIRST things FIRST. What is your BUDGET for this upgrade???

Are the rear door coaxial speakers absolutely necessary? Most of us here would delete that upgrade and put that money towards better front components or adding a DSP. But do you have family members that often ride in the back seats?

I would also suggest replacing the Head Unit if it is possible.

PAC Audio: 2011 Subaru Outback interface options

That generation Subaru has a fair amount of road noise as well, so I would budget for some sound deadening like ResoNix if you haven't already done that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FIRST things FIRST. What is your BUDGET for this upgrade???

Are the rear door coaxial speakers absolutely necessary? Most of us here would delete that upgrade and put that money towards better front components or adding a DSP. But do you have family members that often ride in the back seats?

I would also suggest replacing the Head Unit if it is possible.

PAC Audio: 2011 Subaru Outback interface options

That generation Subaru has a fair amount of road noise as well, so I would budget for some sound deadening like ResoNix if you haven't already done that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts