DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, any and all help will be greatly appreciated. my eventual goal is a three way active front stage with great SQ for rock, metal, and techno.

my current set up-an alpine 9833, a set of polk 6.5 coaxes and an RF punch 8. my cousin gave me these after my diamond hex comps and jl 12w3 got stolen about a year ago.

in my closet i have a set of RE XXX mids that i plan on using for mid bass duty. i'm still researching mid ranges/ waiting for the buwalda mids to come out.

while i'm doing that i've got about $500 to get something now:

A: i have an old rf amp thats 25X2 i could use for the LCYs.

B: or i have an old blaupunkt amp the gives me [email protected] when bridged that i could use for a lotus 12.

which would you choose? cheers

·
Registered
500 Posts
get that front stage together first because when its done right it will make any sub sound exponentially better. The Lcy and XXX mids sound tight, I would use the xxx bandpassed between 70hz to 400 and find a nice 3 inch midrange to go between it and the ribbon. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'd agree bud, Check out the 3" Trius, heard lots of good stuff from there around here, would love to pick some up myself eventually when i do a 3way.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i agree with the other 2 posts, front stage first! it will be the most time demanding portion of the install to get right,when its done properly it should be pleasing enough to go without a sub for a bit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.