DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Need help deciding on mid-drivers to match rest of system. Imaging?'s Box?'s Xover?'s

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  schmiddr2 
#1 · (Edited)
Please address as many of the questions as you can and feel free to elaborate on to any other area of the set up. Expertise is very much appreciated. I listen to a lot of rock music. Info below-----

Car: 91 Civic Hatchback (3 door)
Headunit: JVC KD-SH909
Front door speakers: Eclipse SP6510 - ECLIPSE 2-Way Point Source Speaker SP6910 SP6510 | Fujitsu Ten
4 channel Amp: PG Titanium 500.4, 75x4 RMS
Subs: 2- Eclipse 10" (800watts RMS total) in small sealed box behind rear seats facing the hatch
Sub amp: Planet Audio - Vector D 750watts RMS @ 2ohm
Small full-range: I might add some small full-range (2-3") to the front doors and run off the headunit. Opinions?

I need a game plan as far as the next speakers I buy: Where to place them in the car (seems it would be very difficult to put both coax and mid in door), should I build a box for the mid-driver or place them in the original rear speaker location), which direction should I face them, and what crossover points would be ideal for this set up?

Budget: Speakers can be around $100 a pair. I would like to put them in the doors, but seems like a lot of work. I will be bridging them if I end up putting them in the rear (makes sense right?). PG 500.4 will produce about 120watts bridged 8 ohms (2 - 4 ohm speakers) and 180watts bridged 4 ohms (2- 8 ohm speakers).

See less See more
#6 ·
Well, still no help. Maybe I should explain something. "As of late we all have taken notice of what wideband/fullrange drivers has to offer us, in installation flexibility/placement and not to mention the sonic benefits of such drivers, something the home audio companies have known and done for years now." I copied this from Mark's comment about Hustler Audio and I am just now learning about what they have to offer. So, can anyone help me understand what I should be looking for to match the other components and create staging as I have never done this.

#9 ·
I am hoping to buy some Dayton RS150 drivers. I plan to build the front door panels to accommodate the dual drivers. Additionally I will need to do a lot of sealing and use damplifier. Hope this works out as planned. I still am wondering if I should use the US AMPS crossover or not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.