DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully somebody could steer me in the right direction.

I have been reading through threads on this amazing site for weeks trying to come up with the best way to set up my system and while I think I have a good idea what will work im hesitant to spend a lot of money and hate what I get.

So far the only thing I have set in stone is the amps, and more than likely sound deadening while I have everything apart. The amps (PDX-F6) and (PDX-M12) im hoping to get from a cousin of mine since he wants something different :D

For the front I was looking to get a really nice set of components, and had my eyes on the Morel Tempo 6, and the Image Dynamics CXS64 v.2. Im trying not to spend over $350 on the front set since I really want to get speakers for the rear as well. For the rear I thought a set of Alpine SPR-60C's would do the trick.

For the subs I am mainly focusing on SQ but would love to have something with decent power as well if it is possible. Im planning on using two 10" IDQ10V3.D4's since they seem to be regarded as a good SQ sub on this site.

At the end of the day the thing that confuses me the most is the sound staging. I know that I could throw speakers at the vehicle all day and night but it wouldn't make it sound any better if they were not placed correctly. I have seen a few people with trucks like mine where they installed the front tweeters in the dash pointing towards the windshield while the mids were stuck down by your feet in the door. Not sure if that was the best set up or not :confused:

Hopefully someone can show me in the right direction. The last thing I want is to end up with a system that sounds like it's running "Walmart Specials". :laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 93 chevy silverado Extended cab. My head literally hurts from all the different components that I could choose from, but during my 7 hours of research last night I came across that alpine had just updated the type R sub line and it appears to have very good reviews on both the SQ and the power. Thoughts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
not sure on the type r, altho i have heard good things about it too.
However, i think sound staging will come down to how much work/money you want to put in, and what the end result needs to be for you to be happy with your setup.
Personally, I have tweets firing into my windshield and mids in the doors. Clearly, not idea, but i don't have the time or money to invest in my system to get the optimal setup, along with the fact that I'm pretty happy with it as it is.
Soooo, you might want to consider getting a HU w/ decent processing power (i have an alpine 9815), or a processor, put the comps in the stock location, and call it a day with a good tune.
Or, get (or make for yourself) custom a pillars or kicks in order to get the max out of your truck.
I think it just comes down to what you'll be happy with. Might want to go with a more basic install if youre budget limited, and upgrade when you have more money if you're not satisfied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts