DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the Boston SPZ60's which are rated at 150rms each but from what ive heard they can handle alot more than that. I was looking at Boston Gt-28 thats does 200rmsX2. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had any experience with these speakers and if you had an amp that really let these speakers shine please let me know. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
267 Posts
The GT-28 will certainly do the job, but does it give you entire system performance? What's the rest of your system look like? There may be some amp options that will give you more flexibility.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Gt-24 powering my polk subs at 750rms at 2ohms and the rear speakers are running off the deck i am not considered with the rear speakers. I just want to create a great sound stage up front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right now i actually have boston pro's up front being powered by a boston gt-24. i was thinking about keeping that gt-24 to maybe run an extra set of tweeters up front on the door pillars. what do u think?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Get another GT-24 and have two GT-24's one driving the LH side the other the RH side.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yeah or Bridge them to each side, I'm not familiar with the GT-24 but if you say it does 750rms @ 2 ohm then I'm guessing you would get 300-400 rms per side then at 4 ohm. The Bostons will love that, just don't be silly with the volume.

·
Registered
398 Posts
How you like the spz? I was thinking about getting those or the focals

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am running the GT-42 four channel amp to them running bridged 2 channel, so each side is getting 300 RMS @ 12.6V and about 375 RMS @ 14.4V. They handle it like a champ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts