• 35 or older.

Votes: 93 30.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need everyone to do the poll please. I am doing an argumentive essay and one of my myths to argue is "car audio is just for kids". Thanks for all votes :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
It'd be more interesting to see a matrix of age vs. ethnicity vs. income demographic ... but then again, that's probably just me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well theres not really any myths that say just car audio users are a certain race, or they make a certain income, nor would I have much to elborate on those lol.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the path should be about car audio gets a poor reputation due to the boomer kids. Discuss the "audiophiles drive cars too" concept and elaborate. Maybe also talk about what makes a good car sound good, and compare with home audio. Talk about small room theory, etc. Just some possible paths.

Keep it within word limitations though.:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
I voted in the 35 or older part. This hobby isn`t just for kids, as we get older our needs tend to change and focus on sq gets more important. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'd like to see the ethinicity/boomers vs age demographic.

Ghetto/hoodrat/Thug type people are the ones that disturb the peace in my vicinity. And I see an older demographic.

Next is young white males with their stupid zip zip mufflers. Boom system is optional in that scenario.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Another over 35.....got into to it young and as I grew and changed so did my taste and prerogatives for having a system.

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
I was playing in the dirt in the dark and all of a sudden there was a bright light in the heavens[sun]:)

I prefer wood for enclosures, old and aged, like me :D

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The over thirty five group is making its move will it put those that think car audio is for kids in there proper place. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Car audio as you know it was basically born in the 80's. Some of us have been with it since the start, some of us are getting into it for the first time. For instance, I got into it in the late 80's. I have not looked back since.

That is the draw to forums such as this and what makes DIYMA unique. You have a bunch of old experienced people locked into technology they know best and works form them. Mix that with non-experienced "kids" who only know the cutting edge and it makes things interesting. We each learn something from each other.

Ge0

1 - 20 of 84 Posts