Votes: 118 38.8%
  • 35 or older.

Votes: 93 30.6%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Oh, BTW: I'll be that 95 year old freak rocking out to Crystal Method, L.A. Guns, and Miles Davis in his "whatever at the time" ride...

Assuming I an still hear that is...

Ge0

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Some of the topics you guys picked, maybe I will write about next time lol, this is my 3rd essay on car audio, have 5 on the year for that class, just one left.

And to who ever mentioned something about this forum not a good place, I picked this forum because I knew it was older people. If I picked caraudio.com, that wouldn't of worked well with my argument, now would it lol?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
25-35 here... SQ keeps getting more and more important, as does the install. I have really learned so much from others on here, and my ears thank you all for it. ;) Whoever said car audio is just for kids in their riced out Civics needs to jump on this board for a bit, and read Abmolech's dissertation on slopes. :D It really is a joy to read about others' love for the install; the late night trips to Taco Bell while listening to a freshly installed setup, bloody knuckles and all, and the neverending mess in the garage are all part of the fun. Mostly, it's the endless pursuit to make something sound better, and know that you did it yourself (with the help of fellow forum members) rather than dropping it off at the local shop along with 2 months of salary. At least that's how I feel. :) Good luck on your essay. Let us know how you do!

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
25-35 here... SQ keeps getting more and more important, as does the install. I have really learned so much from others on here, and my ears thank you all for it. ;) Whoever said car audio is just for kids in their riced out Civics needs to jump on this board for a bit, and read Abmolech's dissertation on slopes. :D It really is a joy to read about others' love for the install; the late night trips to Taco Bell while listening to a freshly installed setup, bloody knuckles and all, and the neverending mess in the garage are all part of the fun. Mostly, it's the endless pursuit to make something sound better, and know that you did it yourself (with the help of fellow forum members) rather than dropping it off at the local shop along with 2 months of salary. At least that's how I feel. :) Good luck on your essay. Let us know how you do!
x2. that write-up on slopes really jogged my brain. it's nice having people on here that are willing to take the time to teach and and make you sit back and think really hard about what you just read. with the help of unpredictableacts my install is finally mostly done.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
x2. that write-up on slopes really jogged my brain. it's nice having people on here that are willing to take the time to teach and and make you sit back and think really hard about what you just read. with the help of unpredictableacts my install is finally mostly done.
Tell me about it... reading that was almost the literary equivalent of watching A Clockwork Orange! :D It is interesting to see how something as seemingly simple as slope can affect or be affected by so much... just when I get to the point where I think I've really got a handle on car audio, a post like that tells me I'm at the tip of the iceberg.

·
Registered
694 Posts

While I agree that DIYMA is a great place and avoiding the 2k installs is of the highest importance, I don't think ricer civics and being able to understand Ambolech's dissertation has anything to do with it.

For younger kids that are just getting out of high school, and into college, its no wonder people here don't see them. Quite a few are too busy doing work or partying, and most don't have the tools and time to do anything like what some of you guys do. I think Bikinpunk is the only one I know of that is in school like I am. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't have full weekends to devote to audio installs. The Hillbilly SQ signature says, "Test, compare, retest etc." How can you test, compare, and retest when one is working just to afford the ride and beer? And yes, I think beer IS important.

As a person graduates from college and holds a regular job, the time for getting into and staying with a hobby is easier to come by.

You basically just said, "I will link you to this page that will blow your mind so much, you will go away, and take your POS ricer with you."

To the OP, "Need help for an Essay on Car Audio." Fixed. Also, if you were going to actually write this essay, I would poll on more than just this site. While your results from this website will clearly show that car audio isn't just for kids, you are leaving out a VAST majority of the wankers on other sites that ARE young, and MIGHT make up the majority. I don't know if it would, I'm just saying for better data collection.

It would be like me going down to this Taylor, Michigan CAF meet. I highly doubt there will be the carputer geeks and SQ people there, like I would probably see at the mid-west meet that has been going around on the forums. I'd probably be more likely to see cheap SPL oriented systems with giant pre-fabbed boxes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
And to who ever mentioned something about this forum not a good place, I picked this forum because I knew it was older people. If I picked caraudio.com, that wouldn't of worked well with my argument, now would it lol?
Sounds like you'd make a good marketer. Don't like the statistics? Who cares? We'll make our own.:p
-Cody

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some of the topics you guys picked, maybe I will write about next time lol, this is my 3rd essay on car audio, have 5 on the year for that class, just one left.

In addition to it being a pet peeve of mine, I feel this must be pointed out since this is research for a paper that will be graded . It's "wouldn't have." :D

Oh and I'm 25-35.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sounds like you'd make a good marketer. Don't like the statistics? Who cares? We'll make our own.:p
-Cody
That was like day 1 in Statistics class. You can make them say anything you want.

Though this could easily be described as the definitive car audio forum, and one of the most highly visited (I've shopped around and lurk and post elsewhere). So a convincing argument could be made with only data gathered here.

I'd agree the poll here is not accurate whatsoever, but it does prove the point that this isn't for kids.

I voted 35 since I'll be 35 pretty fast anyway, and I've been in this game since the late 80's. These days I can do all the sick stuff I always dreamed of (when I was pissing away all my money on cheap beer and expensive women).

·
Registered
3,861 Posts

Are you refering to BOOM BOOM SIZZLE SIZZLE?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
This forum will be ALOT of fun in 20 years.:D

Topic: New sub amp or new oxygen tank....I can't decide.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
This forum will be ALOT of fun in 20 years.:D

Topic: New sub amp or new oxygen tank....I can't decide.
joint replacement threads might be common too:eek: if i sit too long my knees get all stiff and stuff. and my right hip gives me trouble a lot and it isn't even the one that got cracked nearly 10 years ago:(

21 - 40 of 84 Posts