DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a big Boston Acoustics Setup and I am looking for 5-10 Farad Capacitor that is gonna get the job done for me. So I just wanted to know what capcitors you guys are using and are there any in particular that are better than the rest. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The Alumapro 15 farad has given me good results in the past, but it's $400 and under 95% of circumstances you'd be better off adding an additional battery rather than a capacitor.

You can get a Kinetik HC600 for just over a hundred bucks shipped, and you can get a generic version of the same battery for even less. It's small and should do more for you than adding a cap.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Ok I got a big Boston Acoustics Setup and I am looking for 5-10 Farad Capacitor that is gonna get the job done for me. So I just wanted to know what capcitors you guys are using and are there any in particular that are better than the rest. Thanks Mark
Caps are mostly a waste of time and money.

What "job" do you want it to get done BTW?

·
Registered
145 Posts
if its a low ESR and low ESL cap it might be a bit effective at what you need done - but it isnt gonna be a be-all and end-all solution for any electrical system problems you may be having for a large system

·
Registered
62 Posts
if its a low ESR and low ESL cap it might be a bit effective at what you need done - but it isnt gonna be a be-all and end-all solution for any electrical system problems you may be having for a large system
Agreed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts