DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bass is not that great pretty boomy. AMT tweeter can sound harsh at times.

I have a few pieces that I would like to use for tweeter I have ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6040-00 Beryllium Dome Tweeter

Mids don’t have yet but was thinking ScanSpeak 11m

Lastly I have a pair of Illusion C8.

I would like to keep all stock locations my question is will my Burmester Amps under power these components.?

I’m not a aware of viable solution to keep my PCM 3.1. I also have a Helix DSP PRO. Want to keep simple as possible. I do plan on sound deadening with sound skins pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also to add here are the specs of the Current Burmester

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thats my dream car congrats! If it were me I would see if I could tune it with the helix back into the factory amp if low level inputs re used in the Burm. Maybe add a sub if possible.

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
One I get situated today I'll look around

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I understand the Burmester System uses a optic signal but it’s not one that an Helix DSP Pro can decode.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone? I’m going to start dampening the doors this weekend and start fabricating the tweeter mounts. Can’t stand the Burmester amt. need to see how much space I a have under the mid in the door to see if a 12m or 11m will work. Not sure on enclosure volume on the door panel. It’s sealed I do know that question is it large enough to accommodate the 12m or 11m.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: I just ended up replacing the tweeters and the mids using the stock amplification. Used ScanSpeak tweeters and mids. Much better. I also sound deadened the doors bass was improved quite a bit.

After reaching for weeks there isn’t a whole lot of options that work with the Burmester system (MOST HUR 31).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s been a while since I have been on but the weather is getting cooler in Florida. So I’m digging into getting this going. Question is has anyone messed with the latest mobridge DA-G2.PRO? If please chime in. Where can I get one from? Emailed mobridge multiple times and got crickets. How much do they run?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
has anyone messed with the latest mobridge DA-G2.PRO? If please chime in. Where can I get one from?
I am using a mObridge DA.G2-PRO in my BMW X6-M.
Works perfectly (this is the 3rd mObridge unit I've had - in various vehicles).

I believe SkizeR is a mObridge dealer (in NY).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
here is what I did to my 2015 Porsche 911 turbo
Focal utopia M TW 3.5Md 8" doors
mosconi 4/10 and mosconi 5/30
DSP bit one hd
kenwood ddx9906xr

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is pretty sweet. I’m wishing I got a car without the Burmeister system. Haven’t been able to get a solid confirmation that Mobridge has a solution for it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That is pretty sweet. I’m wishing I got a car without the Burmeister system. Haven’t been able to get a solid confirmation that Mobridge has a solution for it.

I shopped for a long time, looking for a car without Bose or Burmester. It's hard to find one, especially in the higher trim models.
I have a 2015 C2, thankfully with the SPP system. No MOST to deal with. Here's how it turned out:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threads/2015-porsche-911-carrera.415081/
Still love it! There are links in there for 3D printed speaker adapters for the tweeter using MD-102 tweets & 4" mids for Esotar 430's and DA RS100p's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts