DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Hi, Think I can cut a vent through like Ali-323i has shown in above post. I checked with Ae and Fi web sites. Ae is showing 2 models IB12au-4 or SBP12. Fi shows, the IB312v2 but is out of stock. Which one would be the best choice. I can get a opening around 8" buy 11" through rear seat arm rest. Do I wait and try for Fi or another brand, or go with Ae, and which model. Thanks
Bubba it appears we're in the same neck of the woods! I'm currently doing a trunk baffle install in my Mazda 6 using 2 AE SBP-12's. I chose the SBP series after contacting John @ AE and that was his recommendation. The AU series is designed for a true IB setup vented to the outside and I would get better performance with the SBP's and trunk baffle. I too plan to vent through the rear fold down armrest which like yours will take modifying. At least my seats fold down though. Give me a holler and I'll show you what I'm doing. Dave

Reactions: Ali-323i

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been running up to FOUR 10" subs IB since 1985. What ever you go with, make damn sure your mounting baffle is solid as a boulder. Plenty of MASS and SECURELY mounted to the vehicle. You will get cancellation if the whole baffle flexes rearward every time the cone is shoved forward and visa versa. (Just my 2 cents)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts