DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a nice sq amp, my budget is $150 but I can extend if anything is worth it. I will be running for the front Hybrid Audio Unity components and MM6501 speakers (old ones that I found on the low, dont even know if they are legit) for rear fill.

Ive been thinking about these but i dont know if their SQ will be good.
Precision Power BK520.4 new 100-110 shipped
4 ohms: 95 watts x 4 chan.
2 ohms: 130 watts x 4 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 260 watts x 2 chan.

Soundstream TA4.720 new 110 shipped
120 x 4 @4ohms
180 x 4 @2ohms
360 x 2 @4ohms

I also saw this JL 450/4 for 175 shipped

Says that its in perfect working condition and I might pull the trigger because it accepts balanced input and I can match it with a JL 1000/1 that I have. Is it worth it?

Any other SQ new or used and maybe even old school that could work great on my system? Not really interested on the PPI 900.4 atm unless there's a really good sale or have better sq than any other options. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
I want a nice sq amp, my budget is $150 but I can extend if anything is worth it. I will be running for the front Hybrid Audio Unity components and MM6501 speakers (old ones that I found on the low, dont even know if they are legit) for rear fill.

Ive been thinking about these but i dont know if their SQ will be good.
Precision Power BK520.4 new 100-110 shipped
4 ohms: 95 watts x 4 chan.
2 ohms: 130 watts x 4 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 260 watts x 2 chan.

Soundstream TA4.720 new 110 shipped
120 x 4 @4ohms
180 x 4 @2ohms
360 x 2 @4ohms

I also saw this JL 450/4 for 175 shipped

Says that its in perfect working condition and I might pull the trigger because it accepts balanced input and I can match it with a JL 1000/1 that I have. Is it worth it?

Any other SQ new or used and maybe even old school that could work great on my system? Not really interested on the PPI 900.4 atm unless there's a really good sale or have better sq than any other options. Thanks
The old 450/4 sound amazing. I would go with this over the PPI.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
For the budget that jl should be a damn good amp if you can deal with used. It does look a little rough, but jl makes damn good gear, despite my refusal to run it.

If you want new I run a pair of ppi bk800.4. You can pick them up for $140. 130watts into 4ohm or 200watts into two. I ran two channels bridged into 4 ohms and it took it like a champ. They have been rock solid for me. I can guarantee that you would not be disappointed in the sound quality. They are old tech class ab with decent components.

I'm on my phone I'll post some gut shot for you. They don't get s lot of love because they are big but they are about as close as you can get to an old school amp brand new for the price.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
$169

Precision Power PPI P900.4 Phantom 4-Channel Amplifier

If you call them and ask for a discount they will give it to you.
If the OP can get that amp shipped to his door for around $160 then, I'd go for it. Don't know if space is an issue for him but, the Phantoms are very small and do better than rated power.
I always have to add 6% to any price I see on SE as they ship from KY so, they have to collect State sales tax on all transactions.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Alpine PDX. With the JL Audio I'm hearing the noise from the amp what the shop called "zero bit regulator". It's minute and very very negligible(A SOFT white noise followed by a click every 45 second) but I've never heard this from my previous Alpine PDX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, I wish I didnt have a stock hu but I dont want to change it atm because the metra kit alone to put the stereo is $160. That plus the radio and labor. I need an amp with differential balanced inputs like the JL Slash series amps. Any other options available? I wish I could get one of those ppi's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
using a LOC aint that bad.. (i hope) LOL

i soldered up the wires n heatshrank em... i wonder what could be the cause behind you not wanting to use a LOC.

granted, i havent put everything together yet lol.. but im almost there ha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.