DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm David and I want to get the best bass possible for arround 1375 eur.
Mainly I need a amplifier and subwoofer(s) I could try to build the subwoofer case myself if that's better.

link: bassbrothers.no/bilstereo/basspakker/bassbrothers-15quot-spl-basspakke
I got suggested this pack by a friend of mine, is it a great pack for that price or should I buy something else? And is Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB a decent player?

Thanks in advance, looking forward for the support.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Looks pretty decent from what I can see, even the box isn't bad, internal bracing, thicker front baffle.

The biggest problem I see is the sub is dual 1-ohm coils. Which means it can be run at either 2 ohms final or 0.5 ohm final - neither of which is optimal for that amplifier.

Although the translation says "Double speaker". So does that mean 2 subs in 2 separate boxes? If so, then you could run that amp at 1 ohm final load, which would be good. So is that package 1 amp, 1 sub, 1 box? Or is it 1 amp, 2 subs, 2 boxes?

Reactions: P41nG41n

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty decent from what I can see, even the box isn't bad, internal bracing, thicker front baffle.

The biggest problem I see is the sub is dual 1-ohm coils. Which means it can be run at either 2 ohms final or 0.5 ohm final - neither of which is optimal for that amplifier.

Although the translation says "Double speaker". So does that mean 2 subs in 2 separate boxes? If so, then you could run that amp at 1 ohm final load, which would be good. So is that package 1 amp, 1 sub, 1 box? Or is it 1 amp, 2 subs, 2 boxes?
Hi, tack. There's just one box with one sub, what do you think? Should I buy two subs and make a box myself for both? Or is there a cheaper and better way to get better bass?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I don't have any idea what things cost in the EU, but yes, in general you can do quite well if you have the capability to do some of these things yourself, like building a decent box.

If that is one sub, and it is dual 1-ohm coils, it does not mate up well with that amplifier to get the most out of the package.

Reactions: P41nG41n

·
Registered
414 Posts
My personal experience with ground zero amp is bad. But maybe I was unlucky.
200A fuse for 35mm2 cable is a fire hazard. Max safe fuse for 35mm2 cable is 100A.
The price seems a little high for a enclosed sub with amp. Have you thought about 2x12" instead of a single 15" ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't have any idea what things cost in the EU, but yes, in general you can do quite well if you have the capability to do some of these things yourself, like building a decent box.

If that is one sub, and it is dual 1-ohm coils, it does not mate up well with that amplifier to get the most out of the package.
My personal experience with ground zero amp is bad. But maybe I was unlucky.
200A fuse for 35mm2 cable is a fire hazard. Max safe fuse for 35mm2 cable is 100A.
The price seems a little high for a enclosed sub with amp. Have you thought about 2x12" instead of a single 15" ?
What if I buy two 15'' with that amplifier and different cables?
Or what do you think I should buy for that price? I've allready bought the player, Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts