DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive ran the dayton HO 12 through several programs trying to figure out the optimum size ported enclosure for the subs, however, I alway seem to end up with a differnt figure with each program. I want to tune it to around 26hz.

Any input/opinions would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking for a response. I searched a few different forums in hope of an answer, however, due to these subs being fairly new, i havnt had much luck. I found one guy who is running them in an enclosure with a 2"x13"x54" port for each driver, however, i dont have enough room for that big of a box :(

I recieved them yesterday, and i must say they are beautiful! Im tempted to throw them in a cardboard box and get some power to them ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And i have been trying all day to get in touch with dayton, however, i keep getting a message saying that they are currently in a meeting. Long meeting.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was going to recommend that you contact PE tech support...

If i had the HO I'd go with 1.25^3 sealed each with about 600watts to each sub... That should yield a nearly flat response down to 20hz with cabin gain factored in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was under the impression that the HO called for a small sealed enclosure, around .9'^3, and that a ported enclosure around 1.5-1.75'^3 would be optimum, which is why I actually why I chose the driver, because I dont have much room to work with.

Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the enclsoure I have come up with for both subs;

3.25'^3 enclosure, with 2-3.00"x15.00" round ports....

Now, I got these specs from winISD, does that include the displacement of the drivers themselvs?

So, what do yall think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts