DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I have a 2018 Toyota Camry XSE 4cyl non- JBL I'd like to upgrade with a budget of 2k CAD including installation, I mostly listen to hip-hop, rap, r&b, and dance-hall. I want greater sound quality, can you guys help me out? I will be keep the factory head-unit, and it will be taken to a shop for the install. The dash speakers are 3-1/2, the front doors and rear doors are 6-1/2. In the trunk there is a 10" cut out for the JBL model sub-mount.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
its almost impossible to recommend speakers and such without a few questions answered..

we need to know if you are keeping the stock radio or not..i know its hard ish to change on older camreys and am guessing its even harder as they get more modern.

are you doing the install or finding a local shop to do it?

do you know what speaker sizes fit into the stock locations?

how much trunk space are you willing to give up for a nice sub?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad I'm new to the car audio scene. I will be keep the factory head-unit, and will be taking it to a shop for the install. The dash speakers are 3-1/2, the front doors and rear doors are 6-1/2. I haven't looked at how much trunk space I'm willing to give up, not a lot though I'd like to be efficient with space. I'm considering a 10-12" sub.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
off the top of my head I'd say..

jl fix82 into jl twk, good budget dsp and loc to get the factory radio sound out into a usable format.

polk mm 3.5 speakers for dash.

sb acoustics sb17nrx35 four ohm for front doors.

leave rear doors stock off factory headunit and only fade to them when you have passengers..

nvx jad 900.5 or alpine pdrv75 or similar 5 channel.

alpine type s 10 sub ported or the new infinity sub..forget the name.

solid, totally tunable and not hard to get desent sound for a first timer tuning.

ask a few shops what brands they carry and that will open or close possibilities for good deals on equipment..most shops will give you better installation prices if you buy gear from them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would see I there is enough clearance for a 15" sub ran infinite baffle in the factory location, using an adapter ring. This will likely be the cheapest and easiest solution and saves trunk space.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
that is definitely a good idea!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would see I there is enough clearance for a 15" sub ran infinite baffle in the factory location, using an adapter ring. This will likely be the cheapest and easiest solution and saves trunk space.
i like this idea, any recommendations on free air subs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts