DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting a JBL C608GTI MKII comp set in the doors of my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE. I have 4x6" stock mounting holes so I'm gonna have to either customize the door frame or build a speaker adapter plate. I have about 1-2" from the mounting hole to the windshield and about 3" from the mounting hole to the door panel. I want to try to keep it looking stock if I can because the door panel is rather oddly shaped and it would be a pain to get it to look right if I had to cut a hole. What do I need to build this out of? Some links on how to do it would be nice too.

I also need to buy or build a speaker baffle that will work with all this and need some options for sound deadener, I'm on a budget so cheap as possible but I want to do it right. I only want to do my doors, trunk, and license plate for now.

JBL C608GTi-mkII (c608gtimkii) GTi Series 6-1/2" / 6-3/4" 2-way

·
Registered
735 Posts
i have these in my MKV Jetta. had to build a pretty deep baffle becasue they are so massive. sound great though. i have 150W RMS running to the 6.5s alone and another 75W running to the tweeters alone. pretty nice, i need to get some deadening though.

CC

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i have these in my MKV Jetta. had to build a pretty deep baffle becasue they are so massive. sound great though. i have 150W RMS running to the 6.5s alone and another 75W running to the tweeters alone. pretty nice, i need to get some deadening though.

CC
May I ask what exact amp are you using on these speakers please?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
prince charming I sent you a pm

·
Registered
735 Posts
May I ask what exact amp are you using on these speakers please?
Hi Coppertone, sorry for th elate response, im am running the 6.5s with a Slash 300/4 v2 bridged. and the tweeters are run but the front channels of a second Slash 300/4 v2

CC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts