DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm David and I want to get the best bass possible for arround 1375 eur.
Mainly I need a amplifier and subwoofer(s) I could try to build the subwoofer box myself if that's better.

I'm thinking of buying the pioneer amp and shok subs below.

2X TRITON 15 link: shokindustries.com/collections/500-watts-to-1000-watts/products/triton-15

1X Pioneer GM-D9601

are these decent or should I buy something else?

or

link: bassbrothers.no/bilstereo/basspakker/bassbrothers-15quot-spl-basspakke

I got suggested this pack of ground zero's by a friend of mine, but that's ground zero and you pay a lot more just for the brand. I've heard those tritons are better then that ground zero sub and is cheaper as well.​

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Seems like a nice entry level kit. Is that all you can get for that budget over there?
The pioneer amp and those two subs is just 591 usd, but that ground zero pack is 1 565usd. Do you suggest anything else then one of these packs? Which one is the best of those two?

When you say best bass, do you actually mean loudest bass?
Yeah, shaky and loud bass so pple rly start hearing u down the street, which is the best of those? Do you suggest to buy something else then those?

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you wire the 4 voice coils in parallel, the pioneer amp delivers [email protected] Ohm. I don't know the subs but I think 2000W would be better for 2x15" subs.
If you want really ground shaking bass a ported enclosure is the way to go.
I guess you don't mind a large enclosure in your car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you wire the 4 voice coils in parallel, the pioneer amp delivers [email protected] Ohm. I don't know the subs but I think 2000W would be better for 2x15" subs.
If you want really ground shaking bass a ported enclosure is the way to go.
I guess you don't mind a large enclosure in your car?
Ohh okay, sent this to a friend does it sound legit? He said:

the subs are rated at 500wrms and can handle 1000w of music power i would say they are around 750wrms that pioneer amp will match them pretty much perfectly doing 800wrms at 2ohm 1 of those subwoofers and then doing 1200wrms at 1ohm note you are probably going to clip the signal here and there so the out put will go up a tad. as i said power doesnt matter as much as people think for getting loud.
get 1 15" to start off learn how to set gains and get a feel for car audio and then if you want louder go for another one of those triton 15"
or you could go for the triton 12" as much like power ratings people think that the bigger the sub is the louder it is thats not always the case box is the most important thing in a system build. ive seen 2x 10inch subwoofers get a 146Db at 30hz they were getting around 1000wrms

·
Registered
393 Posts
Shokindustries claim 500W is conservative, I personally find amps that outputs 2xSpeakers rms power is optimal. But if you are going to play clipped signal 500W per sub is safer. Is it TRITON 15 D2 or D4 you are looking at?
Your friend kind of contradict him self. 2x10" handles 1000W, so everything else equal 2x15" should handle more. The cone area of one 15" is more than double the area of a 10". I would think moving double amount of air (and larger + heavier cone and coil) would benefit from more power...
The pioneer amp is fine but if you want the maximal output of these two subs you need more than 1000Watts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No idea tbh, here's the link for the sub shokindustries.com/collections/500-watts-to-1000-watts/products/triton-15
So what amp should I buy for those two subs? Is that shok sub better then the Ground Zero GZHW 38SPL?

Do you have discord so we can discuss it there? https://discord.gg/ngnCX8R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend replied:

you are most likely to clip very often when playing music as it is dynamic thats why i say go for the pioneer amp it will give the 2 15s 600wrms each and then with a bit of clipping added that is going to happen probably like 800w each. also about the 10's i said nothing about them being equal to the 15's i just said they did a 146db at 1000w to prove you dont need much power to get loud.
and yes 500w is conservative you can put over 1000wrms in to them CLEAN but music isnt clean you are going to distort every now and then so thats why i say for a daily driver use the pioneer amp also pioneer is a great brand and they are built to last.
hope that clears it up a bit.
and yeah those are JL audio subs. i beat the shit out of them and they haven't died.

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
Yeah, shaky and loud bass so pple rly start hearing u down the street...?
Which country do you live in?

My friend replied:

you are most likely to clip very often when playing music as it is dynamic thats why i say go for the pioneer amp it will give the 2 15s 600wrms each and then with a bit of clipping added that is going to happen probably like 800w each. also about the 10's i said nothing about them being equal to the 15's i just said they did a 146db at 1000w to prove you dont need much power to get loud.
and yes 500w is conservative you can put over 1000wrms in to them CLEAN but music isnt clean you are going to distort every now and then so thats why i say for a daily driver use the pioneer amp also pioneer is a great brand and they are built to last.
hope that clears it up a bit.
and yeah those are JL audio subs. i beat the shit out of them and they haven't died.
I do not believe that cipping makes 600w change into 800w.
But if your goal is to be noticed, then you should be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which country do you live in?

I live in Norway

Okay I see, what do you recommend I should buy for a 1 750$ / 1 540€ pricerange? Need a amp and sub(s).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well it might if you clip the signal so badly that it almost becomes DC voltage, but then you really shouldn't feed those subs more than 500W! Less cooling and more power is a bad combo if you don't want to fry your subs....

I do like pioneer and for the money I don't think you will find anything better in Norway.
I just checked some Norwegian prices and it seem a stronger amp cost quite a bit more.
Your friends recommendation about starting with one sub seems reasonable to me. One 15" will likely be enough to make your car rattle awfully.
What car do you drive? Maybe think about upgrading the electric system...?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well it might if you clip the signal so badly that it almost becomes DC voltage, but then you really shouldn't feed those subs more than 500W! Less cooling and more power is a bad combo if you don't want to fry your subs....

I do like pioneer and for the money I don't think you will find anything better in Norway.
I just checked some Norwegian prices and it seem a stronger amp cost quite a bit more.
Your friends recommendation about starting with one sub seems reasonable to me. One 15" will likely be enough to make your car rattle awfully.
What car do you drive? Maybe think about upgrading the electric system...?
Ohh okay, I'm going to buy a new diesel car really soon, could be anything. Prob gonna be a coupe or a wagon.
Could you reconmend me a sub and amp? I got no idea what kind would be the best, so the Pioneer sub is better then the Ground Zero GZHW 38SPL sub?
Do you know of any good amplifiers? What about the Ground Zero GZRA 1.2500D?

I'm going to order in Sweden cus it's cheaper and my dad lives there, so if u find anything better in a Swedish store, that would have been great!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was referring to the pioneer amp you listed.
I like my music pretty loud, but I'm mainly a SQ man, so I don't know much about the spl subs, but I do know they normally have low sensitivity so they need a big amp.
I think you should look for a sub with high xmax, strong motor (it should be heavy) and high sensitivity. Be aware that some manufactors list sensitivity at 1W others at 2.83W and some even include incar gain, so make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
I think the best thing would be to model the subs you consider in a program like winisd.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Xcelsus Magma 2200.1, seems a little more powerful, cheaper and designed by DLS co founder Dawid Koniarski.

The GZHW 38SPL have nice specs, 35mm xmax dwarfs the Triton's 12,5mm. Dual 1ohm voicecoil would be perfect if you want two subs. But it's also a little expensive. Maybe start with one sub + amp ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Xcelsus Magma 2200.1, seems a little more powerful, cheaper and designed by DLS co founder Dawid Koniarski.

The GZHW 38SPL have nice specs, 35mm xmax dwarfs the Triton's 12,5mm. Dual 1ohm voicecoil would be perfect if you want two subs. But it's also a little expensive. Maybe start with one sub + amp ?
Found the ground zero amp a lot more cheaper in Sweden, so a package with one amp, two subs and 4Connect 4-PLIT50 50mm2 CCA cost just 1 199€, which is 504€ cheaper then buying it in Norway.

1xGround Zero GZRA 1.2500D
2xGround Zero GZHW 38SPL
1x4Connect 4-PLIT50 50mm2 CCA

does this package sound decent?

·
Registered
393 Posts
1200€ is about 12750 SEK.
The subs cost 2x4000SEK.
The xselcus 2200.1 cost 3500SEK.
So that leaves you with 1250SEK. for cables, and you get a better amp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1200€ is about 12750 SEK.
The subs cost 2x4000SEK.
The xselcus 2200.1 cost 3500SEK.
So that leaves you with 1250SEK. for cables, and you get a better amp.
a guy told me to buy Ground Zero GZCA 3.0SPL-M1 instead of GZRA 1.2500DX. I've found the 1.2500DX cheaper so, which of those is the best amplifier in general?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts