DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying i dont think this is a easily answered question because i havent seen this particular thing on forums before...

Fresh install for orion CBT3500.4D and Infinity reference 6530cx's (woofers and tweeters) only in the front.

My issue is that i have a very high pitched faint noise when amp is on coming from tweeters (moved ground 3 times with no luck) and the weirdest issue is that a lower pitched buzzing sound comes from all amped speakers and tweeters when i put the car into drive. Does anyone even have a clue what that could be?? Note: the sound does not change based on the engine RPM.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
Vehicle and radio option?

· Registered
3,059 Posts
can you check if noise is present if you change source to phone or tablet or some other Head unit (with power ruted from distro block - that is important)
you can also try to lower your gains, if your DSP gave ground lift switch try it,...check your grounds on RCAs and on power wiring, check is signal cables run parallel to power cables....

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Let me start by saying i dont think this is a easily answered question because i havent seen this particular thing on forums before...

Fresh install for orion CBT3500.4D and Infinity reference 6530cx's (woofers and tweeters) only in the front.

My issue is that i have a very high pitched faint noise when amp is on coming from tweeters (moved ground 3 times with no luck) and the weirdest issue is that a lower pitched buzzing sound comes from all amped speakers and tweeters when i put the car into drive. Does anyone even have a clue what that could be?? Note: the sound does not change based on the engine RPM.
First issue Sounds like the noise floor of the amplifier… try turning down the gains and see if it lowers the hiss… if you remove the RCAS going into the amp and you still hear it then that is 99% probability the first issue is the noise floor of the amplifier.

The second issue sounds is a bit more tricky… my first thought is the RPMS change when you put it in drive but you said it does not change with RPM…. Still, lowering your gains might solve all the issues at once so try that and report back…

I know this might not be a permanent solution since you need your gains in a certain spot to get the volume you need but there are line drivers and other ways around it… the first step is to identify the problems…

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
What are using to grab signal?

· Registered
106 Posts
Have to isolate the noise. Is it the amp? RCA cables? Output from the radio? Inducted noise on the power wire or ground? Start simple. With the amp on disconnect the RCA's. Noise gone? If so then connect another set of RCA's as short as possible routed away from the floor of the car and go directly to the radio. This will eliminate inducted noise getting into the RCA's - inducted noise is based on near field proximity to noisy wires which newer cars have alot of. To check the radio output get a boombox that has RCA inputs. This may be a little hard to find now. I still have an old 80's Fischer box I use for this. Connect the RCA's going to the amp into the boombox input and put some headphones on and leave the radio volume on 0. Crank the volume up on the boombox. You will hear any noise that is there. Since there is only one reference to ground on the radio there should be 0% noise. If you have noise then connect a short pair of RCA's directly from the radio into the boombox. At this point you should be able to say it is either the radio, RCA's, or amp. Inducted noise on the power and ground wires is more rare and a good amp like the Orion should have filters built in the eliminate it. But I have seen it before and re-routing these wires solved it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.