DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I'm looking to up grade my setup. I currently have the DLS Iridum set but the midbass is too soft/laid back for me looking for a more punchy and in your face type of midbass. I am going to be running everything active with this setup and would like to keep it a 2 way active with a sub. I have an audio control 6xs with front hight 3.5k hz and front low at 80hz. I have the SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G tweets laying around which I can cross lower than 3.5k if need, but I need the midbass 6.5" or 7". I was looking at morel and seas no particular model. Budget is around $500 and I have about 100watts rms on tap from my RF T4004

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my door stock location mounted on a mdf ring and doors are well deadened and sealed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
try changing the phase of the speakers.....sometimes weak midbass can be due to phase cancellation

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I see many people in the European forums love the DLS series. They will either put the midbass in the kicks vented to an enclosure mounted behind the fender or build an enclosure in the doors for the midbass. If they are already 6.5, you mat not find much better result. If you do decide to go with a different speaker and you don't want to do an enclosure, I would look into a speaker that can sound really good in an IB setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts