DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Since you have a big trunk I'm about to make a shamless plug. I've got a pair of re10's that would work great in 1.8 sealed for the pair or 3.8 ported tuned in the 20's that are rated 175rms each. They're for sale in the classifieds for $60 shippped:eek:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know. i go back and forth.
i tried my alpine 12's IB and they came close. in a smaller trunk i'm sure they'd do ok.

i'm not a bass head, but i wonder if i can get e'nuff SPL from an IB configuration.
i've been looking at dayton classic 18's for a while.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
How about a couple efficient 15's in a ported box? But yeah all signs are pointing to a couple IB 18's for you it looks like.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
i know. i go back and forth.
i tried my alpine 12's IB and they came close. in a smaller trunk i'm sure they'd do ok.

i'm not a bass head, but i wonder if i can get e'nuff SPL from an IB configuration.
i've been looking at dayton classic 18's for a while.
IB will have the same output as sealed but with much less power needed. I wish that myth would die already. I'm running a pair of IB15s powered off of a JL HD900/5. The 500w sub gain is never above halfway. About 180w at 20hz is all that's required to hit xmax which is a great thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts