DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to run the vibe space 3d tweeter/mid kit but I am going to need to find some 6.5 midbass to run with it.

I figure parts express would be perfect for this.

I have tweet/ mid and crossover. Just need the 3rd driver.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Peerless SLS if you can fit it - it's somewhat deep. 6NDL38 is a good driver but it's a bit underwhelming in a 3-way because it doesn't have great bass extension. It's not meant for that, after all.

High-output drivers, really. It's so much easier to use them in a 3-way, even though some of them are usable in a 2-way as well. Scan Speak Illuminator... Exodus Anarchy... CSS SDX7... But I would go with the Peerless for a 3-way since it will work just as well when you don't demand it to play up really high. And in a 3-way, you won't be.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Those are all more suitable for 2-ways than 3-ways as well. They would work, but you would lose most of the benefits of a 3-way with them.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Those are all more suitable for 2-ways than 3-ways as well. They would work, but you would lose most of the benefits of a 3-way with them.

All? What would you suggest?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
WTF? Is it a 5 watt unit or something?!

A 3-way system crossing to the midrange at 2500Hz is the most retarded thing I've heard in the past several minutes. If true, deposit speakers directly into the nearest waste receptacle immediately.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
WTF? Is it a 5 watt unit or something?!

A 3-way system crossing to the midrange at 2500Hz is the most retarded thing I've heard in the past several minutes. If true, deposit speakers directly into the nearest waste receptacle immediately.
I wouldnt even call it a midrange, more like a cone tweeter with a super tweeter

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess I need to cancel it right now

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Freak. I guess sonic doesn't send a email out when they ship, eh?

Now I got to Rma them. And get a matched set instead.

Having tried thus before I have no idea what I was thinking about doing it again.

Wait for new thread lol.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Call them up and ask if you can just refuse shipment. That way you wouldn't need to pay return s/h. Though the last time I tried to do that, I left UPS a signed note saying I refuse a specific package (with the tracking number) and they left the thing at my door anyway... Assholes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts