DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I need a midrange driver that can handle 150-200wrms to mate with my LCY130 ribbons and my Kicker cmb8 midbass. Any suggestions welcome. I was going to run my Iridium midrange but decided to leave those in the Jeep for the wife :wink: Thanks!!

Kali

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you guys thin the Morel WR-4 would be a good fit. Also a smaller driver would help me out, since I am going to be trying to fit the midrange and ribbons in kicks. The midbass are going in the doors.

Kali

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
how much power do you have on your midbasses.....150-200rms sounds a bit overboard on midrange duty........But then again tons of headroom would be a blessing. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a ppi a404 for midbass roughly 200wrms to each driver. All my amps are ppi art series. So I wanted to use an a600.2 for midrange. Roughly 150wrms to each driver. I could always go with the a300.2 if I can find one in black, and use 75wrms to each driver. I was leaning towards these for the midrange duty http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5781139984&fromMakeTrack=true

Kali

·
Registered
415 Posts
if you can fit Seas Lotus RW165 (6.5") woofers then that would take 200 watts and (you will) love it!!

or if you want something smaller, maybe one of the Seas Excel 5.5" woofers.. this is also 8 ohms and will drop your power a bit for midrange duties..

i dont know if you would wanna go with a smaller woofer then that because youll lose more sensitivity and would not match the LCY's well..

however, the Lotus Ref's with 200 watts would give you some crazy dynamics and detail (Double D's) youll want to mate with your LCY's! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the rw165 considering it for sure. I need to see if I can fit it. Where can i check out the 5.5" woofers, and what model numbers. I looked at mobilesq and it seems they only have the 6.5" drivers at $165 each.

Kali

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10K2HVN,
Is this the excel driver you are referring to L15RLY/P (H1141). If so I think it will be easier to fit in kicks with the ribbons, as opposed to the 6.5" driver.

Kali

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks a lot. I am still learning and not real familiar w/ the Seas line. Anyway I really appreciate the help :wink: Now to send Npdang some more business.

Kali

1 - 10 of 10 Posts