DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently running an Alpine HU with the HU power pack giving me 45watts RMS. I have Alpine SPS-600 components in the front doors and SPS-600 2-ways in the rear doors. All doors have been deadened in my 08 Tundra. I think I want to switch out the rear 2-ways with Midbass speakers in order to get more bass. I know, just get a sub but I don't want to deal with an amp, running power and rca wires and the fact i don't have much room for a sub box.
I rarely ever have people in the back so I just want good sound for the front.
I am thinking about trying Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" or Peerless 830875 6-1/2".
Will this make an improvement or will I regret doing this?
Also will i need to run crossovers for these speakers? If so which passive crossovers should i go with?
I am new to this so sorry for my lack of knowledge.

OR
should I just try the pxa-h100 processor?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Your not going to get much bass using just the hu power.
You could try and get some very high efficiency drivers but i have no idea what to look for in that feild of product. Maybe post q asking about them specifically and see what kinda responses you get.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have you thought about doing some subs in the rear doors? You could build small ported boxes and do some 6.5" subs in the doors? Or find some 6.5" subs that'll do IB well. I've heard 6x9" subs in a rear deck that added quite a bit of bass without sacrificing any cargo space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after Splitty posted about the Liteair I did a little researching and didn't realize they made amplified subs. I think I might try to get an Infinity Basslink. I wanted to avoid running power wires, rca's and finding a ground BUT I've done it before and for all the time and money I have put into this system so far I probably shouldn't skimp on the bass which as a teenager had subs in almost all my vehicles and thought I outgrew the bass thing. NOPE not yet even though I KNOW I don't need two 15" subs like I once had.
Thanks for help guys....my wife doesn't thank you though since this will cost more than I wanted to spend. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts