DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies but I really did read around here before posting.
I am revamping my system in my '02 WRX.

I would like a 12" DVC 4ohm sub that will work optimally in a 1.1 sealed.
I have 500 watts @ 2ohms from my trusty old Memphis amp. I am considering running it at just 4 ohms to reduce the current draw(lights dimming) at higher volumes.

I don't care about 20 hz test tones or SPL. In fact, I am using a subsonic filter @ 30hz. I just want a 12" that tracks music well. THe bass acoustics in that car are pretty rough, a huge peak @ 70hz and rattle city. I have tamed much of it. So I am just looking for a nice, musical sub that can be powered at a mere 250-350 watts and still move my hair a little bit.

I am so out of the loop on car audio these days. I have been scoping out that Dayton Titan III, the HSU 12, the new Polk MM series and a few others.
My budget is under $200 for the driver.

I am removing the Boston G5 w/radiator and will craiglist it. It's a little too much for my needs and that car. The sub I buy will go in a custom enclosure for the WRX.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
There are so many I don't know where to start. Maybe a budget would help narrow down the huge field of candidates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$200 street price, new, open box or demo.
I have a preference for the lesser known companies, if that narrows things.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow someone thinking along the same line s as me. I would go with TSX series. Very nice budget sub. Also doesnt weigh much.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Titanic is 4 ohms only. If you need 2 ohms

image dynamics IDQ, Alumapro rx, ssa icon/dcon, infinity perfect vq, arc audio 12

all good with 1 cuft and 500 watts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts